Chapter 3

Jacob's POV

What to do? What to do? What to do? Since I'm out of jail, maybe I can start with getting a job, some money, Taylor.

Ah yes, Taylor. My baby. My future. She's my everything. I hope I can see that woman soon. I bet she's as beautiful as ever. I heard she has a kid, Kinley.

I should know, I thought to myself as I paced around the room. I brought my finger to my chin and thought. What to do?

"Please let me! I won't tell anyone!" Kinley said crying out.

"Will you please shut up? I'm trying to think!" I said getting my teeth.

"Why would you kidnap me?" She said with tears in her eyes.

She looked so much like Taylor. How could I kidnap an innocent 6 year old? How could I be so heartless and cruel?

"Oh I'm sorry. Does it look like I care?" I said smirking.

"You're a jerk face!" She yelled at me.

Steam flew out my ears and I walked over to her and grabbed the chair she was tied up in and brought it to me. Her face was inches from mine.

"Listen here little girl. Stop yelling, don't ask questions, and stop being annoying. I'm trying to think about what I'm gonna do. Okay?" I said.

She nodded and I pushed the chair back, causing it to bump into the wall and her little head slung back and banged the wall.

"Ow!" She said crying.

"Shut up! Please!" I said yelling and waving my arms.

She cried softly and put her head down. Her shoulders shook and she looked hurt. Oh who am I kidding. I was just talking about being heartless 5 minutes ago and I just screamed at her and hurt her.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you." I said walking over to her.

"Leave me alone. I want my mommy!" She said as tears streamed down her face.

She reminded me so much of Taylor I couldn't even bare to look at her anymore.

I sighed and stood up and walked over to the mini fridge I kept in the basement, where I currently was.

"Sir?" Jackson said stepping in the door.

"What?" I said turning to face him.

"Taylor went to the cops and now their gonna track everything." He said stepping in all the way.

"Don't let her. Reassure her Kinley is okay. Be sure not to let her do anything to get us caught. I can't go back to jail. I'm on probation and if I get caught, I'm going back." I said pacing again.

"Don't worry sir. Everything will work out." He said shutting the door behind him.

"Good. Now, what shall I do with you?" I said turning to Kinley.
__________________________________

Taylor's POV

"Here's the number." I said reaching into my pocket and pulling a small piece of paper out.

"Good. Call and ask for Jackson and we'll trace everything." The officer said as we sat in a room.

"I thought-"

"Just do it." He said sighing.

I slowly dialed the numbers and waited for someone to answer the phone. A familiar voice came on the phone but I couldn't quite figure out who it was.

"Hi. I'm Taylor. I'm looking for Jackson. Is he there by any chance?" I said as the officer listened to the conversation.

"You must have the wrong number." The man said.

"No please. He gave me this number and told me to call." I said.

"Hmm. Well let me go get him, I guess." He said.

The line sent silent for a second then shuffling noises and then quiet again.

"Hello?" A man said, familiar voice again.

"Hi. Is this Jackson?" I said.

"Yes. Is this Taylor?" He said.

"Yes. I was wondering if you've seen my daughter by any chance. I still haven't found her anywhere and she isn't on the beach anywhere." I said as the man shuffled.

"Oh no. I haven't seen her. I'm sorry she got lost. Maybe someone found her and are taking her to the police station. Maybe you should check there." He said.

"Yeah. I guess. Can you by chance go with me there? Since you were there and was like a witness or whatever?" I said as the line went silent.

"Hello?" I said.

Nobody answered.

"Jackson?" I said panicking.

Nobody answered again.

"Everything okay?" I said worrying.

"Sorry. Had to take care of something. And sorry no I can't go. I've been busy lately helping Jose- my boss with work and stuff." He said sounding a bit nervous.

"Did you start say a guy named Joseph?" I said thinking bout the name.

"What? No! I have to go now! Bye bye!" He said quickly.

"Wait no!" I said.

Beep.

"Did you get it?" I said looking at the officer.

"Sure did! The place is about an hour and 45 minutes away. We can leave now and get there by 7:15." He said looking at his watch.

"Alrighty then. Let's go get my daughter." I said standing up.

"Woah. We need back up." He said standing up with me.

"Well, what are you waiting for?" I said putting a hand on my hip.

"It's not that easy Taylor." He said shaking his head.

"You just said-"

"Fine. I'll go get a few more officers then we'll go. Alright?" He said.

"Fine." I said crossing my arms over my chest.

He left the room and I kicked the chair outta my way and put my head in my hands and cried. I wish I hadn't of met Jackson. None of this would've happened.

I need my daughter. I need her so much. She's my babygirl and I can't loose her. I can't loose her like I lost Ethan.

Oh yes. I forgot to mention Ethan. He's my other baby, well angel. He died at birth and the doctors couldn't figure out why. He was so tiny. He was maybe a pound and he was so small.

I never would've imagined loosing a child and never would've thought it would hurt as bad as it did.

I never mention it to anybody because it's not something you should put out there. It'd sound like you're bragging or proud of it. By any means, I'm not.

I was so upset that I lost 50 pounds in about 3 months from not eating. I was a mess. I'm still a mess. I think it about it too much. I wish it would've never happened.

"Alright. Let's go." The officer said walking back in the room and grabbing his coat.

The officer seems like he's kinda a jerk. It's making me kinda mad cause he's acting this way. Don't have to be jerkish.

I'm just worried about getting my daughter back safely.