Chapter 13

"No! Please stop! I want my mommy! Let me go!" She screamed and screamed.

My poor baby screaming for me and I can't even move. I have this stupid chain on my ankle and I can get to the end of the bed. That's it.

Not to Kinley. Not to the door. Not to the outside world. Nothing. Nada. Zip.

"Hold on baby. Mommy's here!" I said through tears.

I jerked and jerked at the chain but it didn't budge. It was tightly in the wall and tightly on my ankle.

"Hurrrry mommy! He's coming back!" She said crying harder.

"I know! I'm-"

"Well well well. Look at these lovely ladies." That sick man said walking to Kinley.

"Don't you dare even touch her!" I said coldy.

"Oh I'm so scared." He said dramatically.

"You'll be scared when I end up killing you!" I spat at him.

"Whatever sweet cheeks." He said focusing his attention on my baby.

"Now.... What to do with you?" He said smirking.

"I swear if you do anything, I will-"

"What? Hurt me? Oh please." He said laughing.

I jerked and jerked ta the chain as he crept his way to Kinley. She screamed for help and he lounged at her and sat on her little legs.

He covered her mouth and used his free hand to put her arms above her head.

"No! Stop! Let her go!" I screamed while crying.

It didn't stop him. He was no match for me. I knew he was way more powerful than I was. If I wasn't tied up, she wouldn't be here and I wouldn't be here.

I gasped for air and sat up in the bed quickly. John sat up and put his arm around and comforted me while I cried.

"It was just a bad dream. It's okay. She's safe." He said kissing my forehead.

I laid back down and wrapped my arms around Kinley. She silently slept throughout the rest of the night.

"Who lives in the pineapple under the sea?"

"SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS!"

"Absorbant and yellow and porous is he!"

"SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS!"

"If nautical nonsense be something you wish!"

"SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS!"

"Then drop on the deck and flop like a fish!"

"SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS!"

"Ready?"

"SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS!
SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS!
SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS!"

"Nice singing kiddo!" John said high-fiving Kinley.

I sat up and seen John and Kinley in front of me watching that show. It was so cute how she was all propped in his lap and how he spent time with her.

"Moommmmyy!" Kinley said jumping in my arms.

I kissed her forehead and smiled at her. "How's my little baby girl?"

"Goooood. Me and daddy's been watching spongebob!" She said squealing.

"Daddy?" I said looking at John.

"She asked me if she could call me daddy because her daddy wasn't here and never will be." He said shrugging.

I was so confused. Is John who he says he is? Can I trust him with my daughter? He knows everything that's happened.

"Okay.." I said turning my attention back to Kinley.

"You wanna go to the beach today?" I said smiling

"Yeesss!" She said jumping up and down.

"Well you have to get a bath and then put your bathing suit on." I said.

"Okkay." She said running to the bathroom.

"Why would she take a bath before going to the beach? She's just gonna get dirty again." John said laughing.

"Hm. Good idea. I didn't think about that." I said running to the bathroom.

"Come in Kinley. Don't worry about your bath!" I yelled through the door.

I didn't hear any other sounds from the other side of the door. I knocked and knocked and she didn't answer.

"Kinley.. Stop playing games with me! Come on!" I said getting worried.

Still no answer. John came over and we tried to open the door but it was locked. There was no water running and I couldn't hear her making any noises.

John kicked the door and it busted in. The shower curtain was closed and it wriggled a little bit. I felt a sigh of relief escape my lips as I now know she was trying to scare me. When she really did.

"Ooh Kinley!" I said walking over to the curtain.

I yanked it back and she squealed and laughed.

"I was trying to scare you mommy!" She said hugging me.

"Oh you have no idea how much you scared me." I said giving a small fake laugh.

___________________________________

We walked on the hot sand and went to a clear spot. I laid the towels out and Kinley dove into the sand and started building castles.

John had to go back to work today but he said he'd come by later. I pulled my phone out of my bag and played some music.

"Look mommy!" Kinley said giggling.

She pointed at her toes that was buried in the sand. I smiled and she dug them out and handed me one of her digging tools.

We dug and hole and then used the sand from the hole to build a castle. She stuck sticks and sea shells in it to make it look real.

"Do you like it?" She said smiling.

"Only if you built it." I said smiling.

She giggled and dug another hole and built another one by herself. She added more sticks and more sea shells this time.

"You wanna go wash off in the water?" I said standing up.

She stood up and I held my hand out. She took my hand and we ran to the water and splashed and played in it. I picked her up in the air and spun her around and around.

She screamed and laughed. I smiled and sat her in the water and showed her that when the water comes in and then washes away, it takes the sand from under your feet to make you sink in the sand.

She loved it. I loved it. I could never be more happier spending the day with my little girl at the beach. I wish it could be like this everyday. It could be like this everyday.

"Okay kiddo. Time to go back. Are you hungry?" I said packing things up and shaking the sand from the towels.

"I'm starving!" She said smiling.

We went to go get food and then by the time we arrived back at the motel, it was maybe 6 at night. We had spent all day at the beach.

We walked inside and Kinley stayed behind me for some reason. She would not go in alone. I pushed open the door and flicked the light on, only to be greeted by someone I could kill if Kinley wasn't around.

"Did you miss me?"