Chapter 14

"What do you want?" I said as I held Kinley behind me.

"Just to get my deal again." He said smirking.

"Leave." I said gritting my teeth.

"I'm good. This bed is comfortable!" He said.

He stood up and I walked around him with Kinley and went to the phone. I picked it up and he ran over and snatched it out my hand and snatched the plug out the wall.

"Nope." He said shaking his finger. "How's my baby girl doing?"

He kneeled down to Kinley and she clung to my shirt. She didn't look at him or speak to him.

"Get away from me! You're not my daddy!" She said crying.

"Excuse me?" He said standing straight.

"You heard her. Now leave or I'll get her real father involved. Then you won't see anything but walls after walls." I said as I pulled my cell phone out my pocket.

I quickly dialed John and he answered. Michael snatched my phone and I screamed and he hung it up. Hopefully John heard my scream and will be here soon.

"That was not a good move Tay." He said inching his way to me.

"Step. Back." I said through my teeth.

"Or what? Remember the deal you and Jacob had? Well that's our deal now. Or you never see her again." He said smirking.

"You're sick." I said snarling my nose.

"And you're mine. He said impatiently.

Knock knock knock.

"Taylor! Are you in there?" John said from the other side of the door.

"Oh who's this?" Michael said walking to the door.

I did the unthinkable and ran and jumped on his back. I hit his head a couple of times and hit back.

He wobbled around and finally fell onto the bed and I quickly ran to the door and opened it.

"Hurry!" I said as he ran in.

He pulled out his gun and Michael stood up straight. He glanced at Kinley and then glanced at John.

"Don't think about it." I said watching his every move.

He smirked and then darted to Kinley. John took the shot and shot him in the leg. He fell to the ground and grabbed his leg and screamed.

"Goodbye Michael. Forever." I said as he got in the ambulance.

"You'll see me again babe. I promise." He said smirking.

I'd love to wipe his smirks off his face. They make me so sick.

"Are we safe now mommy?" Kinley said as I picked her up.

"Yes baby. We're safe." I said kissing her cheek.

John came over and Kinley held her little arms out to him and he picked her up and spun her around.

I'm glad John has came into her life. She needs a father and Michael sure was no father to her. All he did was argue and argue.

"Thank you John. For everything." I said as we walked back to the motel.

"No problem babe. Anytime." He said smiling.

"Kinley really looks up to you." I said as he held my hand.

"I'm glad I get to spend the rest of my life with you girls." He said.

I smiled and we sat in the chairs outside the room. We left the door open so Kinley could play and we could sit outside.

"I've talked to your lawyer." He said smiling.

"And?" I said.

"They've talked to DSS and Michael is trying to get custody but it looks like you have full custody. He doesn't look so hot right now." He said.

"Yeah. I bet not." I said.

"Anyways, DSS has agreed to give you and Kinley a stable home. They have a perfect 3 bedroom, 2 bath home in a trailor park. Plenty of kids for Kinley to play with. They've all been in your shoes." He said.

I smiled and hugged him. He's literally the greatest policeman I have ever met. No other policeman would do this, I don't think.

"Thank you so much John! You have no idea how much this means to me!" I said almost crying tears of happiness.

"No problem. I told you, I'm always here for you." He said hugging me.

He kissed my head and we walked into the motel and started packing mine and Kinley stuff.

"Where are we going mommy?" Kinley said dangling her legs off the bed.

"To a new home. You'll have other kids to play with and you can go to school." I said as her eyes lit up.

"School? Am I gonna be safe?" She said.

"Of course baby. You'll always be safe at school." I said as I hugged her.

She jumped off the bed and we went to John's car and packed everything in. He drove us to the new house.

"Here it is." He said as he turned into the driveway of a beautiful house.

It looked like it had an upstairs room or attic. It had a tree in the yard that had a swing hanging from it and there was a mini house in the backyard for Kinley.

"Is that house for me?" Kinley said squealing.

"Of course." John said opening her door.

She ran to the swing and jumped on. She swung and John and I got the bags and went in the house. It was so beautiful on the inside. It looked brand new.

"It's beautiful." I said sitting my bag down.

"Just like you." John said as I blushed.

He came and hugged me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he looked me in the eyes.

"Thank you. I can't say it enough." I said smiling.

"And I can't say it enough. No problem." He said leaning down and kissing me.

"Where's the bathroom?" Kinley said as we both jumped back.

"It's uhm... Right here." John said pointing to the bathroom down the hall.

She skipped to the bathroom and he pecked me on the lips and then we went and figured out who gets what room.

We decided on Kinley gets the room that is pink with flowers on the wall. It has a twin size bed and a dresser. There's a flat screen and a tablet for her.

My room had a flat screen, queen size bed, dresser, laptop, and a desk. It was purple and there was places where I could hang pictures or posters on the walls.

"I've never seen such a beautiful home." I said walking around in my new room.

It's a lot to take in.

"It's okay Taylor. Your protected. And you even have cameras hidden. Inside and out. The computers for the cameras are in the attic and there already set up for you." He said smiling.

"Not to mention, you also have an alarm and a monitor to tell you the name of the person who comes in." He said.

"What? That's awesome!" I said hugging him.

"Yeah. It is. You deserve it Taylor. You really do." He said.

"Thank you. Do you want to stay here with us?" I said.

"I thought you'd never ask." He said smirking.