Chapter 15

"Mommy! Daddy!" Kinley screamed at the top of her lungs.

John and I both jumped up and ran to her bedroom and she was sitting up crying.

"Baby what's wrong?" I asked sitting next to her.

"I heard a noise. Then I seen this tall black shadow by my window." She said gasping for air.

"It's okay. Mommys here. I'm not gonna let anything happen to you. I pinky promise." I said holding out my pinky.

She pinky promised me and john hugged her.

"Can you sing to me?" She said laying back down.

"Of course." I said as I pulled the covers to her chin.

I sung a song to her and by the time I finished, she was out like a light.

"You want some coffee? It's 2:34." John said rubbing his bare stomach.

For a policeman, he was quite attractive and he had a nice body. Apparently this is all mine. Unless he's a jerk play boy.

"Sure." I said.

He smiled and took my hand. We walked to the kitchen and made a pot of coffee. We both yawned and then went back to the room.

It was 4:28 when we played down again.

"Don't come near me." I said gritting my teeth.

"Or what?" He said smirking.

"Or I'll- I'll-" I stuttered and had nothing come out of my mouth.

"Thought so." He said taking a step to me.

"Joseph. Back off." I said coldy.

"Taylor. Come here." He said smirking.

I wish I could slap that smirk off his face.

"Leave us alone. We're happy without you. Without the drama. Without Michael. Everything to deal with you. Exit our life." I said proudly.

"No." He simply stated.

"Jo-"

"Shhhhh baby girl. That's no way to deal with this." He said putting his hand over my mouth.

He threw me on the floor and hovered over me. He straddled between my legs and pinned my arms above my head.

"Please don't." I cried.

"Please don't." He snickered.

"Your a jerk." I said turning my head.

"Only for you." He said proudly.

"Fudge you." I whispered so Kinley couldn't hear.

"You mean the other way right? As you wish princess." He said.

I bolted up and brought my knees to my chest. I cried and John woke up and rubbed my back. He hugged me and kissed my forehead.

"It was just a dream. Nobody is here but you, me, and our lovely daughter." He said smiling.

I smiled at the thought of John becoming Kinley's father. It made me happy another man wanted to claim my daughter as his and actually out effort to make himself a father to her.

"Thank you." I said.

"No problem." He said glancing at my lips.

I leaned in and kissed him. It's the first time I actually made the move on him and meant it. He usually makes all the moves but I'm getting this feeling.

This feeling that John is gonna be important later on in my life. I honestly wanna spend the rest of my life with him. I don't know why but I think it's gonna happen.

"What you thinking about princess?" He said tucking a piece of my hair behind my ear.

"My future. Mine and Kinley's future. Our future." I said as he smiled.

"We'll most definitely have a future together. I promise you that. I'd put our relationship before my life. I honestly don't know how but I'm in love with you." He said.

"John..."

"I know. I know. It's okay. You don't have to say anything. I just thought you'd like to know that." He said nervously.

"No. It's okay. I'm in love with you too." I said as we both smiled.

"Your the best." He said.

"Nah. You know you are." I said playfully slapping his arm.

"Do we need anything from the store?" He said standing up.

"Yeah. I have to go today. Do you work today?" I said sadly.

"Actually, they let me have a month or two off. They know I'm helping you and they want to make sure you're stable." He said smiling.

I ran and jumped in his arms and hugged him like never before. I've never been happier in my life. Michael and Joseph made me happy but John. John is my significant other and I know that for a fact.

"Let's go get our daughter." He said setting me on my feet.

"Yeah. Let's go get her." I said smiling.

"Catch me mommy!" She said laughing in the air on the swing.

"No baby. Don't jump please. You might get hurt!" I said as John ran and stood in front of her.

"Here baby girl. I'll catch you. I promises." He said smiling.

I closed my eyes and heard Kinley laughing. She was held carefully in John's arms and he cradled her.

"Did you have fun?" I said as I pushed her hair out of her eyes.

"Yeahhhh." She said dragging her 'h' at the end.

"Can go get something to eat?" She said looking at John.

"Of course. Anything for my 2 girls." He said smiling.

I smiled and we went to the car and got in. Kinley was carefully placed in the back and was strapped in.

We rode to this nice restaurant but it wasn't too expensive. Kinley got chicken tenders and fries. I got a steak and salad. John got steak and potato.

"Hey look! There's my sister!" I said pointing to the potato.

Nobody seemed to understand that I was calling myself a potato. I just sadly put my head down and finished eating, upset that nobody understood that joke.

"Yes. I understood that but didn't argue because you're beautiful and always will be." John said lifting my face.

I smiled and he leaned over and pecked my lips. We finished eating and left. We went to the movie theater and watched Finding Dory for Kinley. We sat in the back because the front was filled up.

Kinley laughed and enjoyed the day. I'm glad she can have days like this without any harm done or anything happen to her.

"I need to tell you something." John said as we drove back home.

"What's that?" I said putting my hand on his knee.

"I have a son."