xlvi

The school day dragged on and I feel like the father of time is purposely doing that. Warren may or may not have gotten another girl pregnant and after school isn't coming soon enough.

After another, antagonizing 30 minutes, the school bell finally rings for us to go home and I sigh in relief as we are released from our classes.

I find Collin waiting for me in the hallway and I steal the car keys from him, "Is it alright if I take the car? I have a girl who's in some pretty deep shit and I need to help her."

Collin raises his eyebrows at me and grabs my hand as I turn to walk away, "Can I help?"

I shake my head, "It's not a horrible thing, it's just important to her that we do this." He lets me go and I find Vienna on the way to the main doors, "Hey, we're stealing my boyfriend's car and I texted Warren at lunch to meet us at Morrison park at five."

She nods in response and the both of us get into the car. I start it up and to begin our trip we go to the drugstore.

I stroll into the store like it's any other day. The two of us approach the aisle full of feminine products, pregnancy tests, and condoms.

"It's smart to get two of two different brands, just to make sure they're accurate." I pull the tests off the shelf and I feel a sudden deja vu moment happening. The last time I was pulling pregnancy tests of the shelf I didn't know my life would change in so many ways. I bring the tests up to the cashier and shamelessly set them on the counter. The clerk peers over the table between us and raises an eyebrow at me.

"I think you're pregnant lady," He says as he rings me up.

"Mind your own business, dickface," I reply, slamming a twenty on the counter and walking out. Vienna and I go to the park and take the tests there. I honestly feel like a mother as I watch her pace back and forth while waiting for them to beep. A couple minutes go by and they both beep simultaneously. She picks them up off the sink and her expression turns to nothing. Her once tan face is now a pale white. She slowly looks up at me and I see the tears forming in her eyes.

"I'm pregnant," She whispers, dropping the tests on the floor, "I can't believe I'm fucking pregnant!" Out of anger, she kicks the bathroom wall. I see the strain on her face as she slides down the wall. I've never seen this kind of reaction from someone so its hard to judge what to do. She pulls out her phone and sets it on the floor, "It's five, we should head out and wait for Warren." Vienna stands up from the floor and adjusts her sweater. I pick up her pregnancy tests from the floor and we walk out of the bathroom together. I spot Warren sitting on one of the benches, watching the little kids play on the playground.

"Hey!" I shout to Warren who turns around and looks at me. He has a puzzled look on his face once he sees Vienna walking behind me.

"That's him," I hear her say as we approach him.

"You're a fucking idiot you know that?" I ask Warren as I sit down on the park bench.

"Why? Who's this?" Warren is obviously really confused about this whole thing.

"I'm Vienna, we met at Ryan's party." She shakes his hand and he looks at me with a smirk on his face.

"Don't get too smug, there's something she needs to tell you," I say, crossing my arms and resting them on top of my stomach.

"Right, um, at the party we both had a little bit too much to drink and smoke," She recalls, scratching at her jeans, "And well we ended up having sex and now I'm pregnant?" When she finishes, Warren turns to look at me as if to ask if this is serious, "I-I know it sounds crazy but Caroline and I went and bought some pregnancy tests and they're positive," I hand him the tests and he stares at them, a blank expression on his face. One way different than when Tessa told him she was pregnant.

"Are you sure? I don't remember meeting you at Ryan's party," He furrows his eyebrows in thought, Warren is obviously trying to recollect his memories from that night.

"I have some pictures and videos of that night if you want to see them, they're not really modest though," She blushes slightly as she stands up from the bench.

"Do you want to take a walk and figure this out?" Warren asks her, standing up also. She nods and the both of them look at me, "Thanks for letting me know Care, you don't have to worry about her, I'll make sure she gets home," He says before the both of them leave me alone.

Now by myself, I watch the little kids run around the playground. My phone begins buzzing and when I pull it out, I see Collin is calling. I swipe the screen and put the phone to my ear.

"Hey Care, were you able to help out your friend?" I sigh and stand up from my seat. I begin walking towards the parking lot where Collin's car resides.

"Yup turns out Warren couldn't keep it in his pants and got another girl pregnant."

"What? Who?" He questions as I get into the car. I start it up and instead of over the phone, Collin's voice is coming from the speakers of the radio.

"Vienna, Vienna Peterson."

"Vienna Peterson? You mean the girl who's slept with like every guy in school? Including me?" I gawk at his response, "I guess I shouldn't have added that last part," I hear him mumble.

"Are you serious?" I drive down the street and continue until I hit a red light.

"Yeah, her rep is horrible at West Brook, I think she already has a kid too. Someone said she got pregnant when she was like fourteen."

"Fourteen?!" I exclaim, I can't judge her for getting pregnant young but I at least got pregnant as a legal adult, not a child!

"Yeah Care, so make sure Warren knows what he's getting himself into before he takes this kid as his. Who knows, maybe it doesn't belong to him and she played you."

"I don't think she would do that. Vienna seems too nice." I turn onto the street my apartment complex is on and finally arrive home, "I'm home, see you in like two minutes."

I hang up the phone and grab my backpack from the backseat. If Vienna is playing me and Warren then this is one very fucked up situation. I don't want to think badly of her because of some stupid rumors that may or may not be true. I just really hope they arent.