A V A L A N C H E

(Beautiful new cover above made by the amazing Writer_4ever )

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: AVALANCHE

I'm not in danger.

I'm the danger.

Milah, just because we aren't safe, doesn't mean we aren't safer than we have been. I know it may seem like a bad idea but we can at least trust Rick to get us out of here alive.

"TERMINUS- THOSE WHO ARRIVE, SURVIVE.

Follow the tracks to the point where all lines intersect.

There are maps at the crossings to help guide you with your journey.

Sanctuary for all.

Community for all.

Those who arrive, sur-"

"Hello."

Rick's voice echoed throughout the large room, bouncing along with the sounds of our footsteps as we slowly walk up to the woman's table. With my knife in hand, I tread on light feet beside Michonne, my front teeth capturing my dry bottom lip nervously as my brown eyes meet multiple others.

"Hello," our leader repeated, walking closer to the blonde woman seated at the table, his wild eyes looking all around at his surroundings.

"Well, I bet Albert is on perimeter watch," A tall, skinny man responded, discarding the object he had in his hands onto the table in front of him. Slowly, the man's eyes travel along our small group, taking in our sharp weapons and roughed up nature. Sighing, he looks at his companions, then back at us, annoyance evident in his features.

"You here to rob us?" The man questions, sending a sharp look at the crossbow in Daryl's hands as he walks around the table and towards us.

"No," Rick responds, his voice calm and smooth as he shook his head, "We wanted to see you before you saw us."

Adjusting his leather jacket, the man continues to watch us warily, "Makes sense," he commented.

"Usually we do this where the track meets," the man started, taking a few more gentle steps forward with his arms extended. Clearing his throat, he gives one last look at his companions behind him before fully turning towards us, a small smile on his face as he speaks,
"Welcome to Terminus."

"Im Gareth," a pause before he speaks again," looks like you've been on the road for a good bit."

Shifting in place, I send a glance in Carl's direction, watching as he gives his full attention to the man in front of us, finger poised on the trigger of his gun. None of us needed to talk with Rick, for it was obviously clear that he had claimed the position of our leader way before I even came into the picture. What use would it be to just have all of us talking Over one another? Besides, I didn't mind. If it was up to me, I would've already put my knife up to this guy-Gareth's- throat and forced him to show me where all the food is.

"We have," the older man nods, looking back at us," Rick. That's Carl, Daryl, Michonne and Milah."

Gareth waves at us, almost seeming comical as he smiles a bright, toothy smile.

"You're nervous," he steps forward after a moment of silence, "I get it. We were all the same way."

I tilt my head, allowing my gaze to follow Gareth's extended arm to the people behind him, who were all stiff and standing statue-still, staring at us.