P R O L O G U E

PROLOGUE

I'VE NEVER REALLY THOUGHT ABOUT THE END OF THE WORLD. Nobody really thinks about the end until.....Well until we actually reach the end. Unless you count scientists, but that's their job. To create theories and always wonder about the impossible. They can't solve everything, though. Especially not the end of the world. For it wasn't impossible, and it was too brutal to just be a theory.

In my story, it all started out as a simple sickness. Nobody guessed that it would be the end of humanity. I mean, who would? When the Ebola virus sprung to life, did people just throw their hands in the air and scream "I give up! It's the end of the world! Fuck it!"

No. Humanity still tried to survive. They grasped on to what little they had and they figured it out. Everyone thought that the same would happen here. Yes, of course, there were the doubters, and in some way, they were the smart ones. This sickness wasn't going to go away anytime soon, for it was only just the beginning.

People started dying. One after the other until it seemed like there were mountains of dead bodies everywhere you looked. Blood was spilled, prayers were sent, military fought, and yet the sickness continued to spread like wildfire. Until finally, something happened. Something that nobody would ever expect. The dead came alive. They started walking, killing, biting, infecting. Anything you could think of that would be in a cliche zombie movie, that's what these things did. Our family members, friends, neighbors, all gone and taken by us by the hands of the dead.

By then, my family and I already knew we needed to leave. To where? We had no clue. But we still left. We ignored the robotic guy on the radio telling us to stay inside. We ignored the screaming of our neighbors. We ignored the inhuman growls of the dead. We left and we pursued. With blood on our hands and heavy hearts. We had to live.

I was 12 when the worldwide catastrophe happened. The government crumbled. Humanity turned insane. Cities fell. All in the time of 2 years the world suddenly crumbled like a cookie.

To survive in a hell like this is nothing more than a miracle, it's one major accident that I do not recommend trying because it will eat you alive from the inside out.

Starting with your emotions.