"...I saw her in the cafe down the street. She looked much better than when she was raising me," I cleared my throats and took a sip before continuing. "She left me about 15 years ago. Packed her stuff and just left, not saying another word. I told her of my vision of my father dying but she didn't believe me. No one did. She took me to therapists to doctors but they just looked at her like she was the crazy one. She got fed up with me one day. She almost killed me. A couple of days later I ran away and lived on the streets. That's when Erwin found me and everything..." I trailed off, he knew the story. I told him in the pantry during Christmas. I might as well open up now, no holding back.

"Anyways, what about your-" I was cut off by the doorbell. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion before getting up and setting my cup down on the table.

I walked towards the door and looked through the peephole. A girl with short strawberry blonde hair stood there with a grin on her face. Her amber colored eyes lit up once I opened the door.

"Hello Rose! Is Levi here?" She greeted. I nodded and walked back in. I motioned her to come in and closed the door behind her. I walked into the living room where Levi was only to find his teacup on the table.

"Please stay here as I look for Levi," I said and she instantly sat down. She sat stiffly though and kept watch of me in the corner of her eye. I roll my eyes once I turned around and went into the kitchen.

She's obviously heard the rumors about me.

Levi is leaning against the counter when I walk in.

"Is it Petra?" He asked. I nodded and he just groaned in annoyance.

"What's wrong about her?" I curiously ask. He rubbed his face and looked down at the floor.

"Ever since I've moved here she's been flirting with me and clinging onto me. Don't get me wrong, she's a kind girl but I don't see her that way. She's wanted to be in our group for awhile so she could be close to me and it's just really annoying." He explained. I smirk and almost laugh. He was miserable but in a funny way.

"Well, she's all dressed up in a dress. You take her out on a date?" I tease. He rolled his eyes and scoff.

"I don't want to but it's rude to not accept her invitation to her father's birthday dinner." I shrugged.

"Good luck Levi." I simply say and walked out of the kitchen. Petra was looking through my bookshelf, touching the spines of them and mumbling their titles. She turned once she heard me step in.

"He's in the kitchen," I inform her and she instantly runs in. I could hear her excited voice squealing and giggling. I also heard his annoyed grunts and short replies. Then it's quiet.

I walk towards the shelf and grab a book I've been reading lately. It was (favorite book) and I simply loved it for its characters and plot.

I sit on the couch and grab my cup of tea once again before diving into the magical world of imagination. Petra and Levi walk in unexpectedly and look at me.

"I thought you guys left," I said, not looking up from my book. I took a sip and realized I was almost done with my drink.

"Well...Levi suggested we take you with us to my father's dinner party." Petra said. I look up with an eyebrow raised. She was smiling but I can see her clenched teeth and I see the amusement and relief in his eyes.

'He obviously doesn't want to go. Ah, I guess it can't be helped.' I thought.

"Fine, when is it? I got to get ready." I reluctantly agreed for Levi's sake. I was in black sweatpants and an (f/c) t-shirt.

"Two hours from now. Dress formal but casual." She informed me. I nodded and walked upstairs to get ready.

I just got dressed in an (f/c) loose dress with kind of thick straps. It was simple and silk with ribbon under the breast and above the waist. I put on combat boots since I didn't want to wear heels and just fixed my hair into loose curls. (If short hair, pinned up or straightened)

I put on light makeup with dark red lipstick and I leaned back to look at myself.

"Decent enough," I mumbled and looked at the time. I had about one more hour. I grabbed a clutch to put my phone, keys, and dagger in. Just in case.

I walked downstairs to see Petra on top of Levi and giggling. He was looking to the side with an annoyed face.

I felt something bubbling up in me. Was this...jealousy? Nah.

I shake it off and walked into the room. Levi instantly pushed her off and she landed on the floor with a grunt.

"Hey!" She whined. I mentally smirk at her but keep my face straight.

"Ready?" I asked. They both nodded and walked out the door.

I breathed in, ready for anything.

----

I walked in and then I walked out. With just the snap of fingers, I was already back in my car about to drive away.

Life was so fortunate to me. Guess who was there?

My mother.

Of course, she would be married to Petra's dad and I had to put the pieces together.

I was the half-sister of Petra Ral.

I groaned and banged my head on the wheel. I accidentally hit the honker and I jumped when it came on. I sighed and leaned my head back onto my seat. In a few minutes, Levi came into the car and sat on the passenger seat with a straight face.

"Well, that was awkward." He mumbled after a few minutes of silence.

"Yup. You're not going to stay?" I asked and furrowed my brows in confusion.

"Why would I want to be in the same room with the woman that hurt my partner?" He said in a 'duh' tone. I blinked in surprise until it formed into a small smile. I looked at him and my heart fluttered when he looked back at me. His eyes widen a bit before it went back. The first time he's seen me smile. I turned back and put the car into reverse so we could go home. My smile stayed on for the whole ride until I went out of the car.

'I think I do...'

-----

A/n: Whatup! Sorry for the late update, had a very busy and exhausting yesterday so I wasn't able to write. I know I said everything is going downhill but character development.

*waiting for the Petra x Tree comments to roll in*

Anywho, so (y/n) finally realizes she loves Levi! Then Petra comes along...

Levi pushed Petra away but for what reason? Does he like (y/n) back or is he just very uncomfortable in this situation?

Petra has now joined the fight. Will she be the bit(pieces) girl or will she be the kind one?

That's all I have to say. Hope you enjoyed!
Byeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Published: April 10, 2017
Edited ✔️