Mate (29)

NOTE: For a better reading, when I point out during the chapter, listen to the song "Desire (Hucci Remix)" by Meg Myers :)

-----

Narrator's Point Of View

An ordinary day.

Just an ordinary day.

Christopher got up and kissed the top of his wife's head, who was resting serenely in a seemingly deep sleep next to him. Last night he came home very late; the encounter with Keana yielded good and satisfying hours of sex, which prevented him from returning home earlier and see his wife up. But it wasn't a problem, Camila never cared if Christopher got home late or not, she didn't have those kinds of concerns towards her husband. Collins lifted his body completely from the bed, and walked in lazy steps to the bathroom of the suite, where he did his morning hygiene. After a hot shower, which fogged the glass of the shower box, the man wrapped a white towel around his waist as he rubbed his wet hair with a hand-towel. He stopped in front of his closet, staring at the color gradient sequence of tailored suits, from the darkest to the lightest, opting for a black chalk stripe one. After being perfectly ready, he sat down at the breakfast table, as he checked his emails and messages on the screen of his phone. The businessman would have a full day, since in his schedule there was an extremely important meeting with his biggest investors, a new contract would be signed, a kind of renewal, and in no way could that go wrong.

The Rolls-Royce was parked in front of the mansion's front door, waiting for the businessman who was now descending the stairs towards the black, luxurious vehicle. Carlos, his driver, opened the door quickly after a polite greeting, which was reciprocated by the man before he settled on the comfortable seat of his car. It didn't take long, and the vehicle was driving into the parking lot of the oil company. The traffic that morning seemed to cooperate so that there was no delay. Christopher got out of the car, and strode into the monumental building of Collins Enterprise. The employees were in their proper places, performing their daily tasks as usual. Some stared at him, fearing his imposing gaze, almost evil. He was a respected man, or rather, a feared one. He didn't have a very docile reputation, which helped maintain a certain distance between the rest of his employees towards him.

"Good Morning, Christopher." John greeted as he approached, causing Collins to extend his hand forward, informing the elevator sensors not to close the doors.

"Good Morning."

"Are you ready for today?" John asked as he scratched the back of his neck.

"What?"

"For the meeting with the investors. It will be somewhat complicated after the theft, the Collins Enterprise's safes are low. And there's still the problem with the environmentalists." The lawyer sighed dissatisfied as he remembered the heap of problems that the company was facing. Christopher grimaced, and sighed, as he watched the constant exchange of numbers on the elevator panel.

"We'll recover from this problem, don't worry. And I don't think they'll want to end the contract with us, it would be an absurd. They'd lose a very important partnership! And the environmentalists are insignificant, they don't scare me at all."

"I wouldn't see them that way." John said with a worried countenance, making the businessman roll his eyes.

"Well I do! There's nothing they can do against me, except to complain all the time."

The beep of the elevator sounded loudly, informing the men that they had reached the requested floor. The metal doors opened, giving room for the two of them to walk down the long hall to the presidential office.

"I've been watching the social media movement, and I'm afraid they'll start something bigger. You know how things spread, and with the support of the masses, this could turn into a snowball."