Ch 2 - Humiliation & Pain

Start from the beginning

I opened my room door and ran towards my Dad for protection, to feel safe, only for him to push me saying "Girl you don't want to make me sick. Go to your room right now and sleep". I opened my mouth to say about the intruder last night, but seeing Dad in irritated mood when Mom being able to adapt to situations said "Sweetie your Dad is tired let me take you to your room". She held my hand and tucked me in, she felt temperature and gasped " Daniel please come, she is burning up". 

" Riley give the brat some medicine and tuck her in. Prepare my suitcase I have to leave soon" he said in his indifferent voice

Mom smiled but the smile not reaching her eyes gave me medicine and left the room. I heard Dad leave in another 30 minutes. In the evening when he came I expected him to ask me how I was doing? but he didn't. He ate his dinner and retired in his room.  When I asked Mom she said Dad had a lot of work to do today and that too after their trip and he is tired. After 2 days I was fine and my siblings came back. Dad was all smiles, once again. I thought maybe he really was tired.

 After six months Brianna fall down from stairs and she was taken to hospital and Dad rushed to see her and stayed home for 4 days and spent all the time with her. Mom told him it was just a scratch and he can go back to his office but he refused, saying his princess was more important than work. Brianna recovered after a week. 

Days passed and one day while I was walking back home when I felt someone walking after me and when I turned I found a hooded man and he looked similar to the man who stood at my window. I ran with full speed not noticing where I was running and a car crashed me. I woke up in a hospital and found that only Mom was there. 

"Sweetie, how are you?" She asked. "I am feeling pain all over my body Mama" I said. "You have a fracture in your leg and broken your ribs baby. But don't worry baby it will go away soon. In another month you would be good as new" she said reassuringly.

I shook my head in understanding and then my eyes roamed the entire room looking for another presence and when I could not find him I asked her "Mama where is Dad?" .

Mom noted my disappointment and so she said "Oh, he was here sweetie he just now left for his office as he has an important meeting to attend". But this time not meeting my eyes.

"Mama.. "    I smiled faintly and she lifted her eyes to me.

"Mama Daddy doesn't love me " I said while tears brimmed the corner of my eyes.

She was shocked at that and said "That's not the case baby. He loves you in his own way. Don't doubt that".

"But Mama when Brianna got scratches he said nothing is important than his princess. He stayed home with her for a week. I have a fractured leg and broken my ribs and yet he is at the office" I asked crying.

"Baby...  situation was different  at that time" saying she hugged me and I knew  she was just trying to cover up the situation, but I had understood one thing  I was never loved by my father he only tolerated me.

I sighed breaking the memory lane. I smiled a bitter smile when my own father didn't care for me then how come a billionaire man like him will, I should have expected that. I realized him not caring for me from the first day of our wedding. For him, I don't exist. I was sitting with tears in my eyes when I heard the phone ring at the nightstand. I lift it to hear his angry voice "Evelyn come down right away" and hung up.

The anger in his voice made me afraid and so hurriedly I made my way downstairs for the second time. I found him sitting on the table and when I made my presence known he glared at me with so much hatred that I looked at the floor unable to meet his eyes anymore.