CH 20: A SURREAL BUT COMPELLING MANIFESTO

Start from the beginning

"Angels are sheep. They just need a leader. You can make Michael comply with certain details of your scheme, and if he doesn't accept it, kill him." Balthazar ended nonchalantly. Angelica's eyes widened with hope.

"After that it'll be total anarchy up there. And nobody could possibly be more powerful than you." He pointed at Gabriel.

"If we manage to convince Michael to stop the waging War against the Devil to save all these people, and in the meanwhile manage to execute Gabriel's plan of trapping Lucifer in the cage,"

"There will no longer be a reason for war." Gabriel finished. He had that glint of hope in his eyes that no one had seen for a long time.

"Now, I'm not saying it will be easy, but I've been proven wrong before." He scoffed and put his now empty glass on Bobby's table.

 "Darling," He moved to Angelica and took her hands in his own. "I believe in you to take a wise step. How about I give you all until tomorrow morning to make a firm decision? I'll be back at nine. Good luck." And just like that, he was gone.

"That friggin' idiot." Dean scoffed and took a large sip of his whiskey.

"Really? That's what you got from that?" Sam asked in a low voice. It sounded as if he felt guilty for saying that.

"Listen, guys. I know I'm not someone who can make you believe in anything right now, but trust me, I would never put Angelica in harm's way." Gabriel said. He held in his voice such sincerity, it made Castiel agree with him immediately.

"He is right. Dean, we should let Angelica and Gabriel talk to Michael. In the worst case scenario, he might decline their ally. Then we would be stuck between rock and a hard place, but we may still get on the insane task of capturing the Devil with an enmity with Michael. Elementally, we'll be in the same position as now."

Dean sighed as he realised he had lost the argument.

"Well, then let's give it a shot one more time." Bobby said with a voice dripping with regret.

"Perfect. First thing Balthazar comes tomorrow, I'll tell him we're ready." Angelica stood up and headed toward her room. Castiel flew away and so did Gabriel.

When Angelica reached her room, she saw a shadow on her front porch. She went outside to see it was Gabriel. He was sitting there, just as he was before he left for the Gods' meeting. She didn't say anything, just followed her instinct to go and sit beside him. She sighed loudly and put her palms on her cheeks to support her to sit. After about two minutes of comfortable silence, she asked,

"Are you okay?" Gabriel laughed at the question.

"You know, if any of us says "I'm okay", given the situation, I'm pretty sure there's something not okay." Angelica gave him a sad smile.

"I'm serious Gabriel." She said, her voice bold.

"Honestly? A little nervous." He ran his hands through his hair. "I don't want you to get hurt again." His voice was breaking.

"Physically or mentally?" She turned to face him directly and asked smiling at him.

"Either way." He turned to face her. "Castiel told me about everything that happened while I was gone and I cannot be more guilty. I am not going to apologise because it is not gonna make a difference, I mean—"

"Shut up." Angelica shushed him.

"What?" He asked on being shut suddenly.

"I said shut up and move on Gabriel! We have to save the world." She said laughing.

Angelica put her hand on Gabriel's chin with hesitation.

"Does it—it- still hurt? Or—" Gabriel laughed at her dilemma slightly.

"No, it doesn't hurt anymore." He smiled. They were so close, she could feel his breath on her lips. As if it was a reflex, Angelica put her hand down and stood up.

"I should go. Tomorrow is gonna be a big day. Clear your head tonight, Gabriel." She smiled at him and went inside.

"And I'm not gonna let you get hurt, Angelica Winchester." He said to himself and flew away from the porch.

A/N: I cannot be more thankful for all the love you guys have given to this story! Over two hundred reads in a day?! That is unbelievable! Thank you so much guys! I know this chapter doesn't give you a lot of insight on what's to come, but trust me, I'll update soon! Very soon ;) Big things are going to happen :O

Nothing makes me more happy than your comments! Do comment and tell me how you feel :) Star if you like it. And most importantly, enjoy yourself! :D <3