Chapter 45: Lesson Part 2

Começar do início

"But it doesn't matter now, and you have no one to blame but me." She then hung her head in shame. "I moved the Templars stationed here away from the Astrolabe Vault, and caused this to happen."

'And I played right into her plan...' Lisa thought bitterly about Jess.

"He chose me to keep it a secret because he said I would be a good leader. But for once, I think he was wrong." she said depressingly. "I understand if you're angry with me, which is why I'm going to step down as commander and-"

SH-TINK!

They all kneeled before her. Both hands on the grip of their swords as the blades are pressed into the bloody floor.

"Commander, forgive us," said a kneeling Templar. "But we follow a path of order and peace. We are willing and prepared to die for it, just like our fallen comrades. So don't blame yourself."

Lisa is confused. "I did all of this, it's my fault!" she said. "Why would you...?"

"You taught us much, commander." Said another. "That judgment requires clarity, free from personal involvement. And so, we shall not judge, only follow."

"Our blades are for yours to command," said a Templar.

"Our bodies are for your protection," continued another.

"And we will follow you, until the very end. So please," they all bowed deeper. "LEAD US!"

It was then they saw their leader do something they thought they would never see.

She cried.

----------

Cassie walked back to her seat in the coliseum, with her companion in tow, and guiding her towards the seats. Winslow moved to the side so both of them can sit down before jumping onto his master's lap as she pets him gently.

Winslow looked up at Cassie. "..."

She just shrugged. "I can always do it later." She replied. "All part of the plan..."

"...?" asked Winslow.

"Of course I got you something." She said happily as she pulled out a fish. "Eat up~!"

As her pet ate his treat, she watched the Tournament below, already missing most of it. Some of the competitors have already been eliminated as there are only 6 left: Jesse's group, Gill included, and another solo competitor.

It was then the announcer walked into the middle of the empty field. He has brown hair, and wearing a grey cloak, but he looks smooth.

"Alright, ladies and gentlemen!" he said aloud. "It's time for our next match!" making everyone who heard sit on the edge of their seats as the names of all of the competitors started to magically float in a circle.

He picked two random names, the first one everyone recognized. "We have, Gill, a level 275 member of the Ocelots who's entering solo, let's give him a hand!" he said as the crowd erupted into cheers.

Gill walked down the stage, the Thorn Shield in one hand, and the Repeating Crossbow in the other as he kept the voodoo doll in his pocket.

But frankly, he has been using the doll a lot. Simply because he desperately needs to win this, so he just uses the other items for defense until he gets a good shot with the possessing, wool doll.

He adjusted the monocle on his right eye, looking at the names swarming above. But then they stopped completely as the crowd started whispering among themselves. Curious.

Gill looked around the crowd, using the monocle Jess gave him to scan the large audience; searching. It was then he saw an area within the murmuring crowd that the monocle couldn't work.

It was this transparent red, black, and chaotic aura that is seeping from a girl with red hair, green eyes, and glasses as her cat is eating a fish on her lap.

He couldn't even identify her name, her level, or anything! Who is she? And who is that person to her right?

It's obviously a girl, but he can't see her face or anything as she's wearing a hooded jacked and a long pants. But the one thing Gill did notice, is the fact she is missing her right arm, and is wearing a ring made out of white parasites and another made out of barbed wire.

'It's Jess!' he though with shock and anger, as he accidently, and thankfully caught, the monocle. 'She's watching me, watching us!' He has to warn Jesse and his group after the match. That is if he wins.

It was then he realized why it was so quiet. Two new competitors are down here with him on the opposite side, showing something to the announcer as they're both too far away for him to see anything else about them.

"Sorry for the inconvenience folks." He loudly announced. "Apparently we have two late entries, so now the fights will last longer!" he shouted, causing the crowd to go in an excited cheer.

Who wouldn't when two new competitors enter the Tournament? Then with a clap of his hands, the announcer teleported them back to the competitors' box where they can watch the fights, and bringing the total number of competitors to 8.

Gill took a look at both of them, one is wearing armor made out of blue scales with a large bow and a full quiver on his back. The other is wearing a long, grey cloak as she has nothing on her.

But the only similarity is that both of their attires are completely covering their bodies. He can't see their faces or anything!

Right when he was about to put on the monocle on, one of the other solo competitors, Isaac, was teleported down into the fighting area as his name is selected.

"Alright, time for the next fight." Said the announcer as he apologized for the delay and shuffling up the matches. "We have, Isaac, a level 300 warrior entering solo!" Gill watched as Isaac glared back at him, his brown eyes full of hate.

Which is understandable since at a different Tournament match, Gill ripped a chunk of his light-brown hair out. Not to mention Aiden hit him so hard, he left a bruise on his tanned skin.

"And his opponent," said the announcer, pulling down another name as the blue-scaled archer teleported down as well.

"A level 320 archer, and the former leader of the Ocelots, Lukas!" he announced, much to the shock of everyone as he took off his helmet, revealing his blonde hair and blue eyes.

A/N: To be continued!

Also, new follower! kittykiller196! For you, here's a soda!

)0(

Also fan art! By wolfclanwarriors!

Seriously, thank you! It really means a lot, and so once again, thanks! :)

I always appreciate fan art , so for you, the artist who drew this amazing work... have a hug.

\ (^_^) /