Group hugs

Ellie's POV

"Wow Ellie this chicken is really good. What seasoning did you put on it?" My mom asked as she stuffed her face with the grilled chicken I had made.

"Um well I don't know. I just put in random stuff." I said sheepishly.

Mom looked up from her chicken and stared at me, "Are you serious?"

I nodded my head at her and continued to eat the homemade macaroni and cheese I had also made.

"Wow good job Ellie!" My mom said.

I didn't respond but just continued eating. The table contained a lot of food that was placed on top of it such as Grilled Chicken, Macaroni, Mashed Potatoes, and Salad. Everyone was drinking either some type of soda or water since everyone here didn't drink.

At the top of the table sat my mom and at the bottom sat my dad. On the other side of me sat Alexis and Blake. And on my side of the table sat Carson, Franci, and I.

After my parents had told me that we had their approval I couldn't take off the smile that appeared on my face.

I'm so glad that I'm here with my family, friends, and my fiancée enjoying life together.

*** After the dinner ***

"Alright Ellie can you please tell me what the plan is." My dad said as we all sat back down on the couch.

"Well we decided we would move somewhere."

"Really where?" My mom asked as she intertwined her and my dads fingers together.

"We were thinking Paris or Turks and Caicos. Ever since  Carson got out of prison we've been staying in Paris." I said.

"What!" My family and Alexis yelled out.

"Ellie you can not move! We need you here with us. I want us to have a healthy bond!" My mom said.

"I said we were thinking we may not even do that." I said trying not to get frustrated.

She nodded and slumped down while sighing as my father did the same.

"Anyone want to watch a movie?" Carson said breaking the silence that had filled the room.

"Sure!" Alexis shouted.

Carson got up and grabbed a movie and was setting up the DVD player, when I noticed  something.

Mom and Dad were sitting next to each other, all lovey dovey. I looked over at Blake to see that he had sat next to Alexis with his arm casually slung over her shoulder but what I really noticed was that their other hands were intertwined with each other's.

A smile grew on my face as I saw my family and my friends happy and smiling up at one another. I guess I'll have to talk to Alexis later.

I noticed Franci sitting down on a comfy sofa chair by herself. I could tell that she felt uncomfortable by not having someone like the rest of us.

She caught my eye and smiled as I did the same and we both turned back to the TV.

Carson had finished putting in the movie and he sat down next to me with a smug grin on his face.

"Carson, what did you do?" I asked as he laid back on the sofa with me in his arms.

"Oh just you wait and see." Carson replied as he looked down at me.

"Should I be scared?" I asked as I leaned my face a tiny bit closer to his.

"No no of course not! I wouldn't play a scary movie for your mom. But what you should be is sad." He replied as he inched his way closer.