twenty six; on my deathbed

Start from the beginning

     No one had informed David of this revelation since he snapped his head up and looked over at Neal in utter shock. Neal, on the other hand, just flashed him a smile, "That's me."

     After their brief introduction was made, the two healthier men were indeed able to drag Rumple over to the back of the truck and sit him down. "Thank you, thank you." mumbled the elder man in a tired breath. 

     "Is Cora trying to control you with the dagger?" 

     Gold chuckled harshly and dryly, the humor he had a couple of hours ago slipping from his mind, "Oh, you'd know if she was, cause most of you would be dead by now."

     Sage pulled her attention away from the conversing couple and walked back over to the pair of females by Henry. If the knowledge that Cora was back in town was unbeknownst to them, then Storybrooke may have seemed relatively peaceful and quiet. Before the curse was broken that's how it was, every hour of every single day. Like autopilot or a constant loop. But the group of heroes did in fact know that Cora and her wicked daughter had reconnected, creating an underlying tone of anxiousness course through everyone's system. No one felt this nervousness more than Sage. It almost felt like she was back in Wonderland, facing off against the Queen of Hearts. 

     The trio of females, along with Henry, made their way over to Gold, who was surprisingly able to steady himself against the hardness of the car, "You okay?" The blonde savior asked.

     He nodded, shakily, "Ah, I'm beginning to feel a bit stronger. Take me back to my shop. There's magic there that can protect us."

     The two men returned to their positions and helped guide Rumple into the backseat of the car. Emma and Sage spun on their heels to face the eleven year old boy, who had already caught onto what they were thinking. "Let me guess, I get to go with Ruby."

     Sage frowned at the boy, knowing that he wanted to fight along in this battle against Cora and Regina instead of sitting on the sidelines. Unfortunately for him though, he was still a kid and due to the fact that two of the most evil women in all the realms was hiding away in their hometown, Emma and Sage were feeling extremely overprotective. "You got it, kid. Trust me, you'll be a hell of a lot safer with her than with us at the moment."

     Ruby glanced in between the two women, "I'll keep him out of the crossfire."

     "Thank you." 

     Henry didn't argue with either of them, but he did feel the need to give some words of encouragement, "Don't look so worried. You'll stop Cora. You won't let her get away."

     Sage brightly smiled down at the boy, loving his optimism and only hoping that his confidence in them was rightly put. 

⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄ ⚄

     The rusty golden bell hanging above the pawn shop's door rung rapidly as the group busted into the store with a frail and limp Rumpelstiltskin in tow.  Just like back at the dock, David and Neal were on either sides of the elderly man, guiding him towards the back of the building. On his way, Rumple mumbled something incoherent to Emma, which cause the blonde female to frantically search around the room of antiques. Sage slowly took a few steps pass the doorway, her eyes taking in the familiar site of Gold's shop and all of its mysteries. Despite their peculiar and practically life-threatening circumstance, coming back to Storybrooke almost felt like coming home ― not that she knew what that meant, but if she had to take a guess, it would feel something like this. After her gazing came to a pause, the brunette proceed to follow the others into the backroom.