I don't want to be....Me chp 5

Chapter 5... 3 weeks later....

It became a habit that Zack visited me after school everyday. I loved being with him but my mom kept pushing me to see if he was my mate. Of course I wanted that to be true but it still seemed too easy, so I didn't believe it. We mostly hung out on the cliff, overlooking the ocean and talked. These I enjoyed the best because I learned so much about him. He told me stories of his school, friends, enemies and practical jokes. As he told me about his life I told him about mine. What I was like when I was young, my favorite things, how I nearly drowned when I was ten and loved swimming afterwards. Also about what happened last year

"Kanti..." He began.

"Yeah?"

"I promise," He took my hand. "I'll wait for you until your ready." I twined my fingers with his.

"You don't know how much that means to me, thank you."

"I'm so glad I met you." He murmured in my ear.

"Me too." I whispered back, leaning my head on his shoulder. He carefully untwined his fingers from mine to wrap his arms around me and pulled me onto his lap. I looked out over the ocean, watching the last of the sun's rays sparkle on the water. "You know today's my last day at school. Now I'll be able to be with you more often."

"That's awesome, you'd rather hang out with me than your other friends?"

"Of course, they know I'm with my girl. They can wait and trust me they know how it feels to fall for someone....I shouldn't have said that." I laughed.

"Well, you've fallen for me huh? Hmm I'll have to think of something evil for you to do later."

"As long as it's not too painful." He said, laughing too.

"I've fallen for you too and I could stay here forever, in this moment." I said.

"Yeah and I could hurl."" A cool voice said. Shivers went down my spine, remembering it all too well. Zack tightened his grip on me. I turned around to see Chris, hiding within the shadow of the cliff's overhang. He had a smirk plastered all over his face.

"What are you doing here?" I hissed at him.

"Just visiting my little chew toy." He replied.

"She's nothing of yours." Zack said.

"Is that a threat?" Chris asked.

"No, but she doesn't want anything to do with you." He laughed at this, coming closer, Zack pushed me behind him.

"You didn't tell him?" Chris asked, looking at me. My eyes went wide with fear. He wouldn't... "Oh you didn't...." His smile turned into a smirk. His hand lashed out and he slammed Zack into the wall.

"Zack!" I leapt up to stop him but he held an arm up and I froze. He had him pinned.

"Tell him now."

"But why?" I cried.

"Kanti what's he-" Zack got cut off.

"Shut up or I'll break your neck." Chris interrupted. "I think he deserves to know." He said. He was just trying to make my life miserable. I still hesitated.

"You wouldn't want him to get hurt would you? After all you bargained for him." Zack was gripping Chris's arm with both hands to keep himself from being strangled. Chris used his other hand to make Zack face me.

"Go ahead, do it." I looked at Zack and he gave me a loving look.

"I'm....not......human." I whispered.

"What? Speak up girl!" Chris said.

"I'm not human."

"Good, better go into detail sweetheart." I shuddered from the pet name he gave me.

"I'm a siren...." Zack looked at me strangely but nodded for me to keep going. "And I have to see Chris every full moon or...I'll end up killing you...that's why I can't kiss you..."

"Why him?" He asked.

"Because....he can feed my lust without dying."

"Kanti....I don't care if you're a siren, I care about you and if your willing to put up with this asshole for me, there's no way I'd be upset about it." Chris glared at him. "Why didn't you tell me sooner?" Zack asked.

"I...was afraid you'd be scared of me..."

"How cute..." Chris muttered under his breath, probably unhappy about not getting the right response. "But I don't want anyone to get in the way." He snarled. He pushed Zack away from the wall and he became dangerously close to the edge of the cliff which led to a straight drop into the ocean.

"Hope you can swim!" Chris shoved Zack backwards. I watched as he helplessly slipped over the edge.

"ZACK!!!!!"