Chapter 15

Months later

I sat on the couch looking out at the shimmering city. It was night, but the city was bustling with people. Things in the gang have calmed down since we had that run in with Sangre, and now we haven't had any jobs or missions as exciting. We had moved back to the apartment, and me and Evan started dating.

I reflected on my thoughts and started to reminisce while I looked out at the city. Evan sat next to me watching something on TV, and the others were either asleep or in the kitchen talking and drinking beer.

"Evan," I turned to look at him.

"Yeah?" he asked without looking over at me.

"When do you think... we will be able to have a calm and quiet life? You know, a normal life?" he looked over at me in silence. He contemplated for a second. It seemed he had a little difficulty coming up with a response.

"We will have a normal life in due time. And when we do," he wrapped his arm around my waist, "you and I will live out our lives together."

I hummed with amusement, thinking about the distant future. I enjoyed my current lifestyle, but I would've liked to have a normal life. I've been involved with gangs since a fairly young age, so living a quiet life didn't sound so bad. Especially if Evan would be right next to me through it all.

The End :)