Chapter 5

I sat in the plain white bedroom in silence. I didn't bother to eat dinner, despite the fact I could smell it and it smelled good. I was just planning on taking a shower and sleeping, since I'm tired and I smell awful.

There was a light knock on my door, and I called to tell them to enter. It was Jason, so I began to relax.

"I brought this for you," he handed me my suitcase. He must've grabbed my clothes for me after making the alliance with The Vanoss Crew. I smiled at him and took the suitcase quietly. I put it by the dresser, deciding to unpack later.

"Are you okay?" he knew something was upsetting me.

"You're expecting me to trust these men after they held me captive and hurt me," I raised my hand to the bandage around my neck as my smile faded away. The pain was starting to go away, and I was able to move my neck. It still hurt, just not as much as it used to.

"I know, and I'm sorry. They agreed to be nice to you while we are working together," he stated.

"That's not what I mean. They hurt me, and I cannot trust them. At least not yet. I don't care if they are nice or not," I crossed my arms stubbornly.

He let out a chuckle and he turned to leave without another word. He smiled at me before he disappeared out the door.

I sat there silently for a few minutes after that, until I decided to take a shower. I unzipped my suitcase and grabbed some sweats and a tank top and I left the room to find the bathroom.

I was pretty lost, so I walked into the living room. It was quiet, so I didn't think anyone was in there. But Vanoss was sitting on the couch. I slowly walked over to him.

"Hey, could you show me where the bathroom is?" I quietly muttered, but didn't get a response.

"Um, could you lead me to the bathroom," I said louder, becoming a little angry. He silently looked up at me with no expression. He heaved a sigh and stood up without a word. He began to walk down the hall, and I followed behind. He stopped in front of a door and turned to me.

He suddenly hit his hand on the wall beside my face, pinning me against the wall. His arm blocked me from moving away from him. He got really close, and I could feel his breath on my face.

"Just because we are working with your gang doesn't mean I trust you. I know you're out to get me after I injured you. Just watch your step, cause you're treading on thin ice," he hissed in my ear.

He released his hand and walked the opposite direction. He didn't say anything else, and I didn't either. His sudden action startled me. I quickly recovered and went into the bathroom to shower.