Chapter 7

I woke up early, but it wasn't because of Jason this time. I decided I should take our current situation seriously and begin to work out. I walked to the little workout room that The Vanoss Crew had and Vanoss was already in there. He was the only other person there, besides myself.

I quietly walked in and nearly gagged. It smelled like they hadn't cleaned anything in the room for a while. Years and years of sweat and other pungent odors layered together. My nose hated me for not turning around and leaving. My nostrils began to burn as I started to work out, and the terrible smell didn't make it any better.

Vanoss had noticed my presence but didn't bother to acknowledge me. He disregarded me as he continued to work out quietly. I was ignoring him as well, but I ended up watching him work out. It was a mixture of fascination and jealousy. He was so strong, his arms were really big. I hadn't noticed since I have always seen him in long sleeved clothes. I desired to be as strong as him. It would be nice if I was that strong.

But he eventually stopped and I quietly turned my gaze and continued to workout. He grabbed a towel from a nearby shelf and wiped the sweat from his face and neck. He took a drink from his water and he left without a word nor a glance.

"Good morning to you too," I sarcastically mumbled quietly to myself.

I finished up and took a shower after that. When I came out of the bathroom, Nogla had breakfast prepared. I decided to eat some. I sat quietly at the table as everyone else socialized.

It grew silent as Wildcat walked into the kitchen with a grave expression on his face.

"Our shooting range was bombarded and ransacked a few minutes after we left yesterday. I'm sure you all know who was responsible," his face twisted with rage.

"They were close to getting us," Nogla whispered surprised.

"They must be working their asses off to track us down," Vanoss crossed his arms as he stood up from across the table.

"It won't be long until they find us here," Moo added.

"Can't we fight them now?" Mini asked.

"We aren't ready yet, so facing them now is a terrible idea. We still have to cooperate as a team," Wildcat replied.

"But, we get along just fine," Mini said in a confused tone.

"Most of us," Wildcat shot a glance at Vanoss, and then at me. Everyone grew quiet once more as they let the news seep in.

"Everyone, pack your bags. Looks like we're relocating for the time being," Vanoss began to walk out of the room.

Nogla let out a nervous sigh, and a still quietness fell over the room once more. We didn't know how to react. No one was expecting an attack, especially so quickly. They had only lost their leader a few days ago.

Slowly, everyone reluctantly left the kitchen to prepare for the relocation. I didn't have much to pack in the first place, and my things were already in a suitcase so I just stayed in my room until further notice.

Jason knocked on my door, and he told me to join the others in the living room. I left the bedroom with my suitcase and met everyone in the living room.

"Now that everyone's here, we need to discuss the plan for now," Vanoss stood in the middle of the room and faced all of us as if he was giving a lecture.

"We need to split up in two groups. Each group will live in a house in the rural area. We will be far away, but close enough to help the other group in case of an attack. We're currently looking for a nearby shooting range, but for now we will build a makeshift one in the woods. Prepare for a lot more training. We need to train as much as we can so we will be ready for an attack when it comes," Vanoss spoke.

He said that we could chose our own groups, but that lead to arguments amongst the guys. Vanoss became angry and he just decided to draw names to decide the groups.

The first group consisted of Wildcat, Mini, Delirious, Lui, Sark, Nanners, and Terrorizor. My group consisted of Moo, Basically, Nogla, Panda, Jason (Thank goodness), and Vanoss. I wasn't excited about being stuck in a small country house with Vanoss, but Jason was also in my group so it wasn't so bad. Once that was settled, we started out toward the countryside.