Chapter 10

Everyone settled in very swiftly, and not long after that the guys ordered some pizza for dinner. The rest of the evening was slow and quiet, and I was dreadfully awaiting nightfall. I didn't know how the rest of the night was going to go, and I didn't want to find out. Vanoss hated me a lot, and I didn't think sleeping with him would fix that.

I took a shower before I retired to bed. There's only three bathrooms that we all share, so I wanted to quickly get in before the bathrooms were full. I also wanted to make sure I had hot water.

While everyone else finished their pizza, I slipped into bed. The room was dark and I could barely see. As I layed quietly in bed, I turned and my head rested against something warm. Or, should I say, someone.

I stopped breathing when I realized my head was resting on Vanoss's bare chest. I sat up quickly as he reached over to turn on the lamp on the side table next to him. In the light provided by the lamp, I could see he was confused. When our eyes met, he became upset.

"What the hell are you doing?!" he yelled, but then lowered his voice.

"I'm sorry! I had no idea you were in here!" I lowered my head as I felt my face heat up. I avoided making eye contact with him. He let out a sigh, and he seemed to calm down after that. He then turned the lamp off and laid down with his back facing me.

I decided I should sleep as well, so I turned away from him and closed my eyes. I tried to calm myself down, but I was still pretty embarrassed.

How could I be so dumb like that?

I quietly closed my eyes and drifted to sleep with my thoughts.