Chapter 9

It was decided that Moo and Panda would share a room, leaving Jason to a room of his own. I was jealous. Not only did he not have to share with Vanoss, he didn't have to share at all.

Vanoss led everyone to their respective rooms until it was just me and him. He made his way to the end of the hall and he opened the white door. The room was nothing special, but it was definitely more colorful than my room at The Vanoss Crew's apartment.

Vanoss silently unpacked his clothes into the dresser while I just put my suitcase in the corner beside a little loveseat. I sat down feeling nervous about this whole situation. I knew he was still angry, and I knew he would never not be furious about it. I couldn't let my guard down around him either. He still didn't trust me nor like me, so I couldn't guarantee he would try to hurt me or not.

"Listen," his deep voice pulled me out of my thoughts, "I'm not happy about this arrangement, and I know you aren't either. So let's just promise to stay out of each other's way."

I thought about his proposal and nodded my head in agreement. I didn't want to clash with him and make him hate me any more, if that was even possible.

"I need to go help Jason and Moo track Sangre down. Please don't mess anything up," he said as if I was a child. I crossed my arms as I watched him leave.