Chapter 12

We swiftly loaded into the two cars and headed for the abandoned warehouse Delirious tracked Sangre in. We drove to it in separate directions as we planned previously. We parked just far enough away to not be seen.

We were all assigned tasks based on our skills. I, of course, was the sniper along with Moo. The others decided who would handle the different weaponry, such as explosives and whatnot.

Before we did anything else, the guys put their animal masks on. Vanoss silently handed me a red Fox mask. I glanced at him and took the mask. He also held up my pocket knife that was taken from me when I was a prisoner.

"Thank you," I said before putting the mask on and taking my knife back. Vanoss didn't reply but rather watched me put the mask on in silence. When my mask was on, I turned to him and stared back. He quietly looked away after a while and put his owl mask on. He seemed to be deep in thought, but I didn't want to ask what he was thinking. It's not like he would've told me anyways.

Moo and I were first to get out of the cars, and we immediately split up and went to the top of another nearby abandoned building. Once we were both prepared, I waved to the others to let them know the coast was clear and they could sneak in.

The guys stealthily surrounded the warehouse in different hiding places. Vanoss tapped the metal barrel beside him once, and that told everyone to go. They barged into the doors, and I could no longer see any of them. All I could hear was the loud banging of guns and explosives.

Some of our men came outside, followed by a heard of Sangre members. They were at least twice our size but they were being killed off quickly.

I began to kill some Sangre guys, and I could see Moo follow suit. At this point, everyone had left the warehouse and were all fighting on the pavement.

I noticed Vanoss was fist fighting a guy, and he looked like he needed help. The guy reeled his leg back and kicked Vanoss right in the gut. He fell to the ground from the force, clutching his stomach in pain. I felt worry overcome me, and I shot the guy with no second thought. Vanoss remained on the ground in pain, and a couple other guys began to surround him. I sniped some of them out, meanwhile Wildcat noticed he needed help and began to kill the others around him.

I breathed a sigh of relief as I watched Vanoss stand up. He slowly was able to continue fighting, and any guy that tried to sneak up behind him was shot down by me in an instant. I don't know why I only protected him, but I felt compelled to help him.

Another man came out of the warehouse. I probably would've not paid much attention, but he tossed a grenade up to where I was, causing me to run for safety. There were only a few places I could hide, but I was okay when the grenade exploded. I saw another explosion where Moo was, but once the smoke cleared I saw he was okay.

The shooting beneath us came to a halt, and I heard a deep booming voice chuckle. I stood there and intriguingly watched the man. I could tell by his persona that he was the new leader.

"Well, we'll, nice to see The Vanoss Crew here. And some others from that wimpy Phantom Grims gang are also here I see," as he spoke, I readied my rifle to shoot him but then felt a presence behind me. I was about to pull my pocket knife out when suddenly my mask was ripped from my face.  A rag was forcefully stuffed into my mouth and tied around my head. I attempted to make loud noises to get everyone's attention, but it seemed like they didn't notice.

I hoped that Moo could see and would do something to help, but I looked over and saw he was in the same predicament, although he was fighting the man attempting to tie him up.

The guy tried to lead me down the stairs, but I refused to go. He finally got tired of me and slung me over his shoulder. He walked down to the first floor of the abandoned building and left through the back doors. I thought he would take me where everyone else was, but he walked to an abandoned shipping dock. He put me on the ground inside a shipping container and searched me for any weapons. He threw my pocket knife somewhere behind him, along with my watch.

°~* Vanoss's POV *~°

I stood there silently and watched the man. He wore a suit and had a pistol in his hand. He had an evil grin on his face, and he couldn't stop chuckling to himself.

I raised my gun to shoot him, but he just chuckled again.

"I wouldn't shoot me if I were you. After all, I know where the girl is," he hissed. I immediately knew he was referring to (y/n), and I glanced up to where she was supposed to be. I didn't see her, and I slowly became angry.

"Where is she?" I angrily mumbled, surprised with how furious I became over her. I previously thought I hated her, but now I wasn't so sure. But now isn't the right time for this discussion.

I threw a punch at him, and he backed away just in time so that it barely missed his face. He held him pistol up to shoot me but I smacked at from his hand. Then the man also reeled back to punch me, but I sidestepped out of the way. I tripped him and he fell to the ground.

I heard him begin to laugh insanely. He held up his hand to reveal a grenade. He pulled the pin quickly, and everyone ran away. A few seconds later, the explosion knocked me to the ground. Some men from Sangre didn't make it, along with the leader. His attempt to kill us was an embarrassing failure.

"Guys, we have to find (y/n)! She was kidnapped by a member of Sangre but I was unable to see where he took her," Moo came out of the building he was on top of during the mission.

It felt as if my chest was in a knot when he said that. I was determined to find the man who kidnapped her and beat his face in.