Chapter 24: The End

4 weeks later, Barry sighed for what seemed like the hundredth time. Apparently, Lexie was a tad bit hesitant on letting their four week old daughter spend the weekend with Nathan and Iris. Barry thought it would be a good idea for them to spend time with each other, just them. Sure, he loved Grace with all his heart but sometimes he felt like he needed Lexie to himself. He said to Lexie, "Gracie's going to be fine with Iris and Nathan. They have our phone numbers if anything happens. It's not like we're leaving her with Cisco." Lexie replied, "I know, I'm just........... What if something happens while we're gone? What if Grace gets sick and we're not there? What if she gets kidnapped by a meta-human? I'm scared, Bare." Barry said to his wife, "She'll be fine, I know she will. Grace has her favorite aunt and uncle watching her and they won't let anything happen to her. Grace will be fine." Lexie looked at him straight in the eye and whispered, "Promise?" Barry whispered, before bringing Lexie into a kiss, "I promise. Besides, Iris and Nathan are going to be staying here while we're gone for the afternoon, we have two loyal dogs, and we have a security system on. Grace will be perfectly fine." They were about to kiss until the door opened  to reveal Iris and Nathan. Iris said to her two best friends, with a happy look on her face,  "Hey, guys. Where's my favorite niece?" Barry laughed at Iris and replied, as Lexie hugged her brother, "Gracie is upstairs in her room taking a nap. She'll probably wake up around 2:35ish, depending on her mood. She gets it from her mother." Lexie crossed her arms at her husband and said to him, a little offended, "Don't you you mean she gets it from you? You're the one who sleeps in till noon then I'm the one who has to wake you up and you wake up with a cranky attitude." Nathan said, before they started to argue, "Okay, okay, you two. Chill out. So, is there anything that we need to do around here while you're gone? Like chores or something?" Lexie said, "Grace's schedule is on the refrigerator and anything that you might want to do like chores is also on the refrigerator. I like to be organized." Iris nodded at Lexie, who had went upstairs to check on the baby. She might not be the only one but she noticed that Lexie and Barry had changed when they got married then had Grace, the baby changed her two best friends. When Barry's mother had died, he and Lexie wouldn't talk to anyone until Iris came along to help. Her thoughts were interrupted when Lexie came back downstairs with Grace in her arms still trying to wake up. Lexie said, as she handed Grace to her brother, "Look who just woke up! Ok, her bottles are in the refrigerator and there are some in the small refrigerator upstairs in the nursery. Nathan knows how Gracie's schedule goes so he'll fill you in with that. You have our phone numbers and my parents' phone numbers. If you have questions, fill free to call us. If she has trouble sleeping, try singing to her. It should work every time." Before Lexie could ramble on, Barry had literally pushed her towards the door and grabbed their jackets, Lexie's purse, and the car keys. Nathan looked down at his little niece who looked up at him with a sad look that broke his heart. He could tell that she was already starting to miss her mommy and daddy. Iris said to Nathan, as Grace began to fuss and whimper "What do we do know ?" Nathan replied to his wife as he began to rock Grace, hoping it would soothe her, "I don't know. Why don't we check the chores list and Gracie's schedule?" The two babysitters walked into the kitchen with baby Grace in her uncle's arms as she looked around, probably for her parents. Iris said to Nathan, "So, what do we do now?" Nathan looked down at Grace who looked up at him with a curious look that made him smile. She sure did look like her dad more than her mom, Nathan admitted that. He said to Iris, "Maybe look around their house and see what needs to be done. I can put her in her swing." A few hours later, Barry and Lexie walked in to see everything nice and clean. They guessed that Iris and Nathan must have fallen asleep in the guest room and Grace was probably in her nursery asleep too. Barry whispered to Lexie, "You go check up on Grace and I'll check up on Nathan and Iris." Barry went up to the guest room while Lexie went up to the nursery. He smiled to himself when he saw Nathan and Iris asleep, probably worn out from watching Grace. He stifled a laugh as Nathan began to snore and rolled off the bed but still stayed asleep. Barry couldn't help but take a picture of his brother-in-law. Things like that will never change.