Chapter 18: A new friend/Lexie escapes

Barry felt his anger and frustration built up as he trained in the pipeline with Nathan and Iris standing well more like sitting and watching to the side. He almost lost Lexie once, he couldn't bare to lose her again. Lexie was his life; his everything, the girl of his dreams ever since they were kids, and the love of his life. Barry couldn't image what would happen to either of them of one of them died. It would be torture for the both of them. Iris watched as her best friend punched the punching bag wth all his might and determination. She could tell that he was over the edge. Heck, they all were. Lexie was the one who kept them together, kept them from fighting, and etc. She was basically their team leader so to speak ever since that Eboard Thawne died. Iris knew from the moment she met Lexie that Lexie was a natural born leader. If anyone was down or depressed, Lexie knew just that thing on how to make them smile. Nathan stood up and walked towards his soon-to-be brother-in-law. He said to Barry, "Barry, we're going to find Lexie." Barry threw one last punch at the bag and said to Nathan, "Nathan, I know you're trying to make me feel better but the only thing that will make me feel better is getting Lexie back."

Meanwhile, Lexie leaned her back against the wall that was in her cell as she put pressure on her wound and winced in pain. A voice said in the cell next to her "Leg me guess. He took you too, huh?" Lexie looked up from her bloody side and said to the person next her, "Who are you?" The person replied, as she turned to look at the other prisoner "The name's Lily............ Lily Smith. What's yours?" Lexie said, "Lexie Tyler soon to be Allen." Lily smiled at Lexie and said to her, with curiosity, "So, is he like your boyfriend?" Lexie said with a smile, "Fiancé, actually. He just proposed last night. *Her smile turned into a frown* And I might never see him again if I don't find a way out of here. What do you know about this Nightshade?" Lily sighed, she wished she never heard about him to be honest. She lost her husband and her child to that monster. Nightshade had to be stop and if this woman, Lexie, was willing to take down Nightshade; she will tell her everything. Lily said, "I wish I never knew him, to be completely honest. I lost my husband and my child to that monster. My husband, Jack, was a scientist as well as I before Nightshade was created. Jack decided to test on one of our colleagues with a serum that he created. It was called 'Nightmare'. Jack said that the serum would make the person (who ever taken it) invincible and unbelievably strong that is if he or she had the courageous heart and correct personality for that kind of power. Isaac, one of our colleagues, stood up for the test of the serum. Jack, however, thought he was too naive for the power of the serum. So, my husband put the serum away for safe keeping. While my family and I were spending some quality time with each other at the beach, Isaac came for revenge but he wasn't himself. His once bright blue eyes had turned into a poisonous neon green color. I tried to protect my son, Michael, from the monster that had taken over Isaac but it was no use. I fled with Michael while Jack fought Isaac off with all his might. I never saw him again. My son tried to get out of Isaac's grip when he got to us but.................. he couldn't. I lost my family to that monster." Lexie felt sympathetic for Lily, she couldn't imagine what it felt like for Lily lose her husband and son. Lexie said, "I am terribly sorry for your losses. I can't imagine how you must feel. We need to find a way out here." Lily said to Lexie, "Believe me, hun, I tried. It's locked up tighter than a mouse being trapped by a lion in this case we're the mice." Lexie spotted a first aid kit laying nearby, thinking that she should patch herself up before escaping. She reached for the first aid kit and grabbed a very long bandage to cover her  wound. With a little help from Lily, her wound was patched up and ready to go. Both women sneaked out of their cells and out of the room they were kept in. When they were out of the building, Lexie sped them to S.T.A.R Labs to get help.

Barry paced in front of the computers while Caitlin, Cisco, and Nathan tried their hardest to find their team member who they called leader. The silence was interrupted when a sound of wind blowed into the cortex causing the rest of the team to turn to the entrance to see Lexie standing well more like struggling to stand with a woman standing next to her. She whispered to them, before collapsing, "Help........ please....................." Barry shouted, as Lexie collapsed, "Lexie!!!" He sped over to his fiancé and picked her up bridal style as Caitlin and Hannah raced towards the infirmary room with Nathan, Iris, Cisco, and Lily following close behind. Lily turned to Barry while Hannah and Caitlin worked on Lexie and said to ,him "So, you must be the fiancé that she was talking about." Barry said, looking at her with confusion, "Who are you and how do you know Lex?" Lily noticed that this man loved Lexie since he used his nickname for her, Jack was always like that with her. She replied, "I'm Lily Smith, I am a professional scientist. I know your fiancé because I too was kidnapped by Nightshade who happened to be one of my and my husband's colleagues. Nightshade stabbed her on her right side by close to her chest. If you don't apply pressure, she could die within minutes." Nathan looked at his sister who gripped Barry's hand in pain as Hannah applied pressure and said to Lily, "How do you know that?" Lily once again replied, "I became a nurse after I graduated from college before I met my husband, Jack Smith, who worked as a professional scientist at that time." She only hoped that she could save Lexie and her friends along with her family. Maybe she could prevent another family from being destroyed like hers was.