Chapter 5: Lexie 'leaves' S.T.A.R Labs

Barry had noticed that Lexie had been distant from him, Cisco, Caitlin, and Dr. Wells the day after her father was attacked. He had been meaning to ask her but decided that he should talk to Dr. Wells about it. He stood by Cisco in front of the computer as they scanned through the city cameras to look for any crime and said, "Cisco, have you seen Lexie around? She hasn't texted me or call me and she wasn't at our apartment this morning. Is she okay?" Dr. Wells entered the cortex and said to Barry, "Ms. Tyler is alright. Caitlin, Cisco, and I had come to an agreement that Ms. Tyler would not be assisting us with this metahuman." Barry said, confused, "Why?" Caitlin replied, guilty, "We just thought it would be best if she took the back seat on this one. This metahuman is obviously dangerous and he could go after Lexie since he already went after Mr. Tyler." Barry snapped, "I just wish that you told me this first. Where is she?" Cisco said, "Last time I heard from Lexie's mom, she was at your and her lab at the CCPD." Barry didn't hesitate to leave so he could check on his girlfriend. He sped off to the CCPD after grabbing his phone and jacket. The worried boyfriend arrived at the CCPD and spotted Lexie's father speaking with Captain Sighn. He walked over to his girlfriend's father and said, "Excuse me, Mr. Tyler? Have you seen Lexie around?" Logan replied, "Last time I saw her, she was in your lab. Why? Is everything okay?" Barry said, before running up the stairs to his lab, not speeding, "Yeah. Everything's fine."

In Barry's lab, Lexie stood in front of the window with her arms crossed over her chest cas she thought about what her so-called-friends told her early that morning.

That morning, Lexie walked in, well, more like sped into the cortex obviously ahead of her boyfriend. She cheered aloud in victory since she arrived first. Dr. Wells sat in his wheelchair in his office and said to Lexie, "Ms. Tyler? May I speak with you for a moment?" Lexie walked towards his office and said "Yes, Dr. Wells?" He said to the female speedster, "I'm afraid that Cisco, Caitlin, and I have come to an agreement that you shouldn't help us with this metahuman this time." Lexie said, confused and a little furious, "Why, may I ask?" Dr. Wells replied, "It's too dangerous this time. This man already attacked your father and we're worried that he might go after you next." She said, well more like snapped, "I can take care of myself. I have super speed and Barry to protect me. Why are you acting like you're my father?!" He sat there in shock and watched as the young woman stomped out of the cortex before glaring at Caitlin and Cisco. She turned back to Dr. Wells and snapped, "Don't expect me to come back here tomorrow or the next day, Dr. Wells. You just lost another hero. And Barry will come to his senses too." She stormed out of the cortex leaving Dr.Wells, Caitlin, and Cisco with sad and guilty looks

Her thoughts were interrupted by arms wrapping around her wait and she sighed. A very familiar voice said, "Are you okay? I was looking everywhere for you." It was Barry, her boyfriend. Lexie replied, "I don't know if I'm okay. I almost lost my father and now, I don't know if I could back there anymore. They act like they're my parents when my mother isn't there and they act like that I am five years old. It's ridiculous." Barry said, choosing his words carefully, "They're just trying to look after you and just making sure that you don't get hurt again." She looked at him with a angry look and said, "Don't tell me that you agree with them." He replied, "I'm not saying that I told them to tell you that but I think that you should stay here in our lab and help over a earmic or something like that. Besides, somebody's gotta look after your dad." Lexie sighed and said "How am I going to help you in here? We don't have advanced technology like S.T.A.R Labs does." An idea came to her head causing Barry to say "What?" She said, "I know someone who can update our lab to be just like S.T.A.R Labs but better. Except, I'm going to have to go to Starling City." Barry said to Lexie, as his walked around their lab, running his hand through his hair, "I don't know, Lex. What if you get spotted using your speed? You could be in danger or worse killed." Lexie replied, taking Barry's hand into hers, "I know it's risky but I can trust this person with my secret like I kept his." Barry said, curious, "'His'?" Lexie nodded and said, "Yes, 'his'. Trust me on this, Barry. I promise that it will only take me fifteen to twenty minutes." He said, "Fifteen to twenty? Why that?" Lexie nodded and said, "This guy is really hard to persuade and he is very stubborn. You're not jealous, are you?" Barry began to stutter, while Lexie to grab her phone and purse before speeding out of their lab, "Me? Jealous? I, uh, don't know what you're talking about. I'm never jealous." Lexie just smirked at him, leaving Barry with his thoughts.