Chapter 11: Trouble in Paradise

It has been a pretty crazy year for Lexie and Barry. Lexie finding her brother, Barry almost dying (Lexie too) while getting his butt kicked by meta-humans, Barry and Lexie's relationship and etc. But right now, Lexie and Barry have their own little problem. Unknown to the couple who were asleep in their master bedroom, they were late for their case at the CCPD. Barry stirred awake to see his girlfriend asleep in his arms peacefully. He turned to look at the clock that sat on his nightstand and muttered to himself "S***. It's 8:30!" He cursed to himself when Lexie stirred awake as well and whispered, groggily, "Barry? What time is it?" Barry replied, "8:30, Lex." Lexie cursed to herself and said to her boyfriend, "Captain Sighn will have our heads if we're not there by 10:45! Let's go!" At S.T.A.R Labs, Nathan was sitting by Cisco at the computer and watched the camera that he had Cisco secretly put on Lexie's jacket. You might be thinking, why Nathan? Why? Because now that he had found his sister, more like she found him, he took drastic measures of making sure that she was okay and more importantly alive. The protective brother gagged when his sister kissed her boyfriend as they walked into their lab. Cisco said to his friend, "Now you see what I have to deal with, Nate?" Nathan jumped when Dr. Wells made his presence known to the two friends and sneered, "Oh, hi, Dr. Wells." Cisco noticed the tension between the two and said, "You known what? I have to upgrade Barry and Lexie's suits so they'll be ready for the next battle. I'll be in my lab if you need me." When Cisco left, Dr. Wells immediately began to rant about Nathan and his protectiveness over Lexie. Nathan rolled his bright blue eyes (ones that he earned from his father when he was born) and said, "I can't help it. She's my younger sister." Dr. Wells snapped, "Yes, but by thirty minutes." Nathan growled and said, "You're lucky that I haven't told the team your secret. Lexie and Barry, including Caitlin and Cisco, will be disappointed and betrayed when they found out their oh-so caring and loving leader/protector is nothing more than a bad guy." Dr. Wells sneered at the young man, "You know, I could always kill you or take you away from your family." Nathan replied, with a shrug, "Do that and you'll have two very ticked off speedsters on your tail. Including my mom and my dad." 'Man, is this boy stubborn? He is just like that brat, Lexie, who doesn't know when to shut up!' Dr. Wells thought. Their showdown was interrupted when laughter was heard down the hall that led to the cortex. Nathan smirked at the doctor, making a mental note saying that he won this round.

Lexie whopped in victory as she arrived (speedy wise) in the cortex followed by her boyfriend afterwards. She said to Barry, "I won this round, Bare!" Barry said, "Only because I was caught off guard when you said that there was a comic book sale going on." Lexie said to him, with a big smile, "Admit it, Barry. You're just too slow. Too slow to beat your own girlfriend." Barry smirked at his girlfriend who was grinning like the Cheshire Cat and said, as he wrapped his arms around her waist, "Only if it would make you happy, love." Nathan cleared his throat, startling the couple, and told Barry to get his hands off of his sister. Lexie rolled her eyes and said to Nathan, "Nathan, we can do what we want. Just because you are my older twin brother, it doesn't mean that you can boss us around. You're not Mom." Nathan replied, "I may not be Mom but I'm still going to look after my little sister. I'm not ready to be an uncle." Lexie rolled her eyes, again, while Barry stood by Lexie's side watching the siblings with amusement. Cisco walked back into the cortex with Caitlin following behind him. He was about to say something but he was interrupted when Danielle and Logan arrived. Cisco said to them, "I was wondering when you were going to show up, Mr. and Mrs. Tyler." Logan just smiled at Cisco and said to him, "Traffic hold us up." Lexie rolled her eyes then looked at her boyfriend who was mouthing words to the others which caused him to stop and say, "What?" Lexie said, "When are we going to tell Iris our big secret? That we're the Flash and the Dash." Barry looked at the others while Nathan rubbed his neck nervously and he said, "I don't know if we should tell Iris. I mean, she has a blog about us and if she continues to write about us, it could make her a target to the meta-humans and that's dangerous." Lexie replied, "It's just that when we told Nathan, I thought that we could be able to tell Iris." Barry thought 'I'm not sure if that's a good idea. Ok, here it goes.' He looked at his girlfriend and said, "I'm not sure if we should tell Iris at all, Lexie-bug."

The only time Barry called Lexie that when he is serious or when he sounded apologetic. Even Lexie knew that, since they practically met. Lexie nodded but with a serious look and said, "Ok, fine. But when we have kids and Iris finds out about its' superpower, don't come sobbing to me when she goes all Iris-izila on you because I'm going to say these four words right here right now. I told you so." And with that, she sped off leaving everyone in the room speechless and terrified. Even though her speech was short, she was still able to make her point. Nathan leaned over to Cisco and whispered, "Was she serious about that? And do things like this happen often?" Cisco nodded and whispered, "I'd just leave her be for right now." Nathan nodded with understanding look while Barry's phone had dinged, slightly scaring the poor speedster. It was a text from Lexie saying that he was going to sleep on the couch that night if he didn't change his mind. He sighed in frustration and ran his hand through his hair. Logan noticed this and said to his daughter's boyfriend, "Was that Lexie?" Barry nodded and said, nervously and sheepishly, "She told that if I didn't change my mind.... I would.....be......um...... be sleeping on the couch tonight." Cisco and Nathan looked at each other as they snickered and began to laugh. Danielle said to them, scoldingly, "Boys.... I don't understand why you find this funny." Logan said to Barry, "I guess you should tell Iris, Bar. That is if you don't want to get Lexie even more ticked off." Barry nodded then sped off to look for Iris.