Upcoming Decisions

Oliver shoved the last bites of bread into his mouth and flushed it down his throat with a sip of water. Today breakfast tasted somehow strange and the boy had to pull himself together to actually eat all of it. The day after the performance was the only day all of them got something to eat and a whole day off, though they weren't allowed to leave their cage. A typical carrot-and-stick tactic.

Oliver sighed and stared at the ceiling. A day off may look like fun but it totally wasn't. Sitting all day in a room where you could do nothing than sleeping was extremely boring. The whole morning the blonde was already waiting for Fukase as he was curious to find out what his friend wanted to tell him.

Right as Oliver wanted to doze off into a light sleep, he heard a familiar voice calling his name. A smile appeared on his face and he turned around to the window, in the sunlight Fukase seemed like a completely different person. Now Oliver could see what he exactly looked like and the sun rays made him appear even more positive than he already was.

"Hey, Fukase," Oliver greeted him and sat down in front of the window, he was happy to finally have something to do.

"Missed me?" Fukase laughed and threw down an apple which Oliver caught with his hands. "Or something proper to eat?"

"Both," Oliver muttered while munching the apple and Fukase chuckled. The sight of the blonde being happy filled him with relief. He may not be able to cheer up his friend the whole day but for some moments he wanted him to live carefree.

Oliver ate the last bite of the apple and bent his head.

"What do you want to talk about? Yesterday you seemed quite excited about it."

Fukase nodded and closed his eyes, took a deep breath. It was bothering him for a while now to not tell Oliver about it, but after he thought it through for several days, he decided to share it with his friend.

He felt his lips trembling a bit out of nervousness, his grip tightening on the bars.

"I have a plan to get you out of here."

"What?" Oliver frowned confused. He had totally forgotten about Fukase's actual reason for being there by his side; to help him.

"I know, it might sound strange but for some days now my plan is complete and I wanted to tell you." Fukase scratched the back of his head and smiled nervously. He knew that it came surprising for Oliver but he didn't know how to put it otherwise. All he hoped for, was that Oliver would be safe and that was his kind of try.

However, his smile faded as he saw the blonde sighing and shaking his head. His eyes reflected an excusing expression and Fukase rose an eyebrow confused.

"You know, I can't." Oliver's words left the ginger stunned. After all this time he believed he knew the blonde didn't want to be at this place. All this time he was filled with worry in what kind of conditions he had to life, what kind of tortures he had to endure. Even the thought of it made him feel sick, but it was all for nothing? Fukase couldn't believe those words.

"You're kidding, right? You really want to stay here?"

Oliver shook his head. "Of course not." Fukase felt like a giant weight escaped his back. So the blonde was still himself, after all this time he got to know Oliver, he was sure the blonde didn't wish for more but freedom.

"It's just that I can't leave like that. Escaping this place is impossible."

"Hear me out, Oliver. I've developed a plan-"

"That's not of use. It's not possible," Oliver interrupted him and Fukase sighed. His friend was obsessed with the thought he could never leave the place he was in, but the ginger wanted to persuade him otherwise. He tried to fix his eyes to Oliver's who seemed rather disappointed. It hurt him to see Oliver like this but he shook his head in indignation.