Chapter 31: Ivy |Garroth

I couldn't get Aphmau out of my head.

Where did that come from?

I was still thinking about it on my way to school, when I heard a laugh. Unfortunately, it wasn't the melodious laugh that Aph had, it was annoying, and sounded like the owner was plugging their nose.

"Gareoth!" My nose wrinkled and the familiar voice.

"Hello Ivy." I mumbled, silently begging her to leave.

"Would you like to sit with me at lunch today Gareoth?" She squeaked. I sighed.

"No, no wouldn't. Please leave me alone now, I'm not in the mood." I stated. Ivy looked taken aback at my bluntness.

"But Gareoth?! Don't you like me?" Ivy squealed.

"No. There's..... another girl I like." I said, blush forming on my face. Ivy looked at the ground with a deathly glare, and I took that as my excuse to run ahead to school.

~~~~~Time Skip provided by SAO~~~~~
(This one is necessary)

It was the end of this day. I had offered to stay late to help clean up the mess Laurance made in the science lab. He was supposed to do it, but couldn't due to soccer practice. I had owed him one anyway, so we're even now.

I walked away from the school when I heard laughing come from behind the bleachers. I was puzzled. Soccer practice and cheerleading were the only clubs that met up on Tuesdays, and they were both over. Curious, I looked behind the bleachers to see Ivy, Michi, and Sasha, laughing at Aphmau, who had a bloody nose and was crying.

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOURE DOING?!" I screamed, startling all four girls. Michi and Sasha looked at each other, and ran off before I could say anything to them. Furious, I turned to Ivy.

"I DONT KNOW WHY YOU THINK THAT ANY OF THIS IS OK, BUT IM GOING TO MAKE ONE THING VERY CLEAR. IF I EVER HEAR YOU SET A FINGER ON APHMAU, OR ANYONE ELSE AGAIN, I WILL DRAG YOU BY YOUR FAKE NAILS ALL THE WAY TO THE PLACE WHERE YOU BELONG. THE DUMP. HAVE I MADE MYSELF CLEAR!?" I yelled in Ivy's face, scaring the life out of her. She nodded and ran off. Hopefully to hell.

I took a deep breath and turned around to Aphmau, who was still crying. Without asking anything, I sat next to her, and hugged her. She didn't hesitate to burry her face in my jacket, hugging me back.

"Thank you."