Chapter 23: Family Photo |Garroth

"Oh Gar Gar! Aphmau darling! You guys are in!" My mother called to Aphmau and I as we walked into the house. Aphmau looked around at the house in amazement. 

"Hey Garroth, what were you guys doing out there?" Zane asked, slyly coming into the room. He gave me that look that was telling me, 'you like her.' I blushed a bit.

"I dont know why you are asking, I told you that i was going to stay out there so I didnt wake up Aphmau. Anyway Aphmau, lets go show you the room you can stay in." I said and pulled Aphmau away as an excuse to stop my conversation with Zane.

Aphmau and I walked up the spiral staircase to a long hallway of paintings and pictures.

"Garroth, is this an old picture of your moms side of the family?" Aphmau asked and pointed the star picture of the hallway.

 It was a long time ago, back when i was about 5. My mother sat in a gorgeous gold chair that matched the frame of the picture. I sat on the ground in front of my mother, making a funny face like the rambunctious scamp i was. Zane sat on mothers lap, playing with mothers hair that was a bit longer at the time then it is now. His face was quite serious, which is quite fitting for him. My mother held Vylad and Lin, both just babies. 

I nodded to Aphmau and she smiled.

"You know, i think you look a lot like your mom. You guys have the same nose and the same chin. And you almost have her eyes, but yours are a bit more greener. Theyre beautiful though." Aphmau says blushes a bit. I blush and fake cough. 

"So um.... lets go to your room."