Chapter 30: Realizing |Garroth

"Ok so if you take X and multiply it by Y, do you know what your answer would be?" Aphmau asked, looking away from the book.

"Um Aph...? You do know we're doing English work.... right?" I asked for what felt like the hundredth time. She looked at me, blushing bright red from embarrassment.

"Oh my gosh! I'm sorry, I'm just really tired today." Aphmau giggled nervously and yawned, rubbing her eyes. I laughed.

"Well lets just go to the park, I can study on my own at home today." I said, gathering my things. Aphmau followed suit. After we got our things together, I grabbed her hand and we started walking. Walking hand in hand has started becoming a part of my day, though at first it was a bit awkward. The truth is, I don't know if Aphmau sees me like a brother, a friend, or more....

As Aphmau and I were talking, I realized that she was rubbing her arm a lot. It made me wonder, seeing as Aph doesn't usually do that. Of course, it could have been nothing, but I was getting worried anyway.

"Hey Aph? Is uh, is something wrong with your arm?" I asked finally. Her eyes went wide, and she looked fearful.

"Oh uh I actually hit it on the wall this morning." She stammered.

"You suck at lying." I stated clearly. I grabbed her arm and rolled up her long sleeve, showing a dark purple bruise.

"Oh my god! There is NO way you got that from running into a wall! What happened! And I want the truth." I gasped. Aphmau looked away nervously. I let go of her arm and she instantly ran off.