Chapter 15

She was certainly fast and that did not help. Every single fucking day of the week, she gave me the slip. But I was certainly psyched to finally get to know her name.

Samantha. 

Samantha Scott.

Samantha-I-don't-know-what-her-middle-name-is-Scott.

But what did I gain out of that?

Nothing. Boo fucking hoo to me.

Every time, our Literature Class, the only goddamned class that I seemed to have with this godforsaken woman saw to the fact that I couldn't talk to her.

And she refused to come on time. So it was just two days of me getting to class early in hopes of meeting her and getting to know her name and failing miserable at it as she always chose to arrive at a time that I would like to grudgingly state, 'fashionably late'.

For God's sake!

It also did not work in my favor that I was very slow at walking. I could seem to run to places at a speed that it mostly looked like my fucking head was going to get blown off when I have the cops chasing me but walking.....I was worse than my landlady in a wheelchair.

It sucked that I could not run in the corridors which always seemed to be fucking crowded at any time of the day.(Did these people even attend their classes?!) The one day that I had tried to run through, I had ended up shoving Ryan on the dirty floor, making him fall on his ass, in the process of hitting his head on the wall.

It was hilarious but it did not look so funny when some annoying someone decided that Ryan's little fall was because I had deliberately pushed him.

That annoying someone being Palestina.

What the fuck was her problem? We weren't in fucking high school that we were having squabbles about who-shoved-who.

I thought we had moved past all that shit when she left my apartment that day. But no, of course fucking NO, as she still thought that I was acting like an asshole because I was still not over her.

Yeah. Absolutely fucking right. NOT.

One look of her kissing fucking Rodney was enough to make my stomach belch. An octopus eating a rock. That was all I could think about when I recalled the memory.

So it was me, Palestina and Ryan in the emergency room in the nearby clinic because Ryan's fall hadn't exactly been as passable as I had assumed. 

And of course it would start bleeding profusely just as the Chancellor arrived. I got a warning and I had to fucking apologize and shake hands. 

Again. Were we in FUCKING HIGH SCHOOL?

Needless to say, after that whole incident, Ryan decided that he had had enough of Palestina's shit.

More waterfalls. More heartbreak. 

Why was I making her cry so much lately?

But I definitely appreciated him taking my side over this. Though his reason for doing so I do not know and I'm not asking.

After the usual resigned sigh of 'Class dismissed', I was rushing to get out of the door. I began walking as fast as I could but she had walked out already. Fucking great!

And the next minute, I was on my front on the floor, exactly the same place I was a few days ago with my shoulder next to the door, groaning next to the guy near  my feet.

Guess who it was this time. Stupid ass Ryan. Again.

"Second time in the same week." he muttered and I scowled at him before I took hold of a person's hand and hoisted myself off the floor.

"It was your fault this time, jackass." I retorted as he stood up and I turned to look at the owner of the hand who had helped me off the floor.

Palestina. But I wasn't interested in that anymore.

'Miss-I-am-a-mystery' was standing next to her looking at me.

Fuck yes!

She had an amused smirk on her lips as they curled gracefully against her high cheekbones of her profile. And that twinkle in her eyes that made me look up and take notice.

"You alright?" Ryan spoke, dusting his knees.

By the time I had looked at Ryan and back, she had disappeared.

Where the fuck was this woman apparating to?

"Move."

I could manage only the two syllables as I began making my way through the mass of people. I tried to keep my eyes on her frame as she shuffled through the crowd. SHe was walking too fast for me to catch up.

I was going to miss out today again.

Shit!

Where was she off to anyway? 

The car! The parking space!

I could get there fast. I began pushing people aside as I made my way to the parking lot. I ran into a nearby classroom, jumped through a window, scared a couple of students in the process and ran around the small building to spot her at the other end of the grounds, approaching her car.

Heck no.

She had gotten in and turned on the ignition when I threw myself in front of her car with my arms held out and hoping that she wouldn't hit me.

I was certainly a deer in headlights when she halted, covering her face as she hoped that she hadn't hit me.

Few seconds later, I had the courage, and audacity to lower my hands and tap her car bonnet. 

I didn't know what I had been thinking when I had launched myself in front of her car. Did I hope that I would somehow gain super strength and be able to stop her car with just the tip of my finger or just levitate myself out of harm's way?  At the very worst, I could have tried talking to her tomorrow in a normal human way. But No.

I had to be a freak who she almost ran over.

Great first impression, Toni.

She peeked through her fingers as she took in the image of me breathing heavily in front of her car, as the reality that she didn't accidentally kill a guy who happened to jump in front of her car.

And when she saw that it was me, her face morphed into a picture of annoyance.

What? Why?!