Chapter 4

Before I start this chapter, I would like to thank@Mardra for the cover of the story. There's another cover that she made and I will load it below so that all of you can vote on it and tell me which one is better.

She's incredible in her work and I would recommend that you take a look at her profile and she would be pleased if you followed and took a look at her work. I promise you that it won't be disappointing.

So @Mardra , thank you again! And right below is the second cover.

*

**************************************************************************************************************************

I pulled into one of the parking spots and got out of the car, taking my supplies from the passenger seat. I was glad that choosing this car and not letting Palestina into it much, as she preferred her own car to mine. Being in the car didn't hurt, it smothered the pain a bit so it helped.

I sighed and slung the bag over my shoulder and took the loose canvas papers in my hand lest they fit into my satchel. Shrugging, I began walking to the main building to get my schedule when I noticed a vehicle pulling up through the gate. And to be precise, it was a Mercedes Guardian.

Talking about the car, a Mercedes Guardian was a car for the rich. It was more suited for the drug lords of the East, rather than a college going wimp. Its metal suspensions and it's armor was better adapted to the South East Asian countries for its climate and riots.

But the car wasn't my priority. My priority was the person inside the car. Well people, after yesterday.

My expression, which had been a bit lighthearted, so far, fell. My shoulders slumped as Rodney got out of the car and smirked in my direction.

He knew that I would be here. He knew that I would come to the University even though She, my fucking girlfriend had tossed me away, like a stone in her path. Except that this time, it was out of her life.

He walked over to the other side and opened the door. I turned around as soon as she got out.

If I saw her, and I saw him next to her, allowing him to do the things I used to do to her. Letting him get close to something I loved, I couldn't.

I was just going to torment myself by looking at her.

Walk away, Toni. Walk away.

I gritted my teeth and set my eyes on the building in front of me as I started walking. I shoved my free hand into the pocket to prevent my nails digging into my palm in temper.

I didn't need this at all. I knew that I was a bad individual. Hell, I smoked heroin! I wasn't the best of people but I had changed for her.

I shouldn't be putting the blame on her that I changed my ways, but I had changed for her. And I had never done that before. Not for anyone.

Two years.

Two fucking years.

It took me two goddamn fucking years to try to give up my attachment to drugs. And I had done it all for her. I had tried hard. She helped me through the entire process but it was me who went through the change.

I gave up something that was dearer to me than life but she........she stomped on it and crushed the hope I had begun to believe on with the heels of her feet.

Well she could rot in hell for all I cared. It was rather surprising.

I had loved Tina with all I had. The things that we shared were true and something that would stay with me till I was released from this wretched mortal body, but it was sadly ironic, that it took me just one sight of her in her true traitorous form that all those memories, weighed to nothing.

It was sad that the fate of my live should lead to something that malignant.

"Toni!" I heard a voice calling me and I turned around. It was Tina. But I refused to acknowledge her.

She doesn't exist anymore, Toni. At least, not to you anymore.

A few of the people walking by me, looked at me for not noticing her. I wasn't popular but I guess people knew her well enough that they didn't expect that.

But I guessed that it was more because of Rodney, smirking in my direction. People weren't exactly concerned about each other except their close ones in college but Rodney wasn't going to let that happen to him.

Rodney and all the riches and fame. His father was the Chancellor of the fucking university and people tended to notice that sort of a stature.

The asshole didn't deserve it. He wasn't worthy of all this expensive crap.

I breathed in to steady myself. I would give about anything, right now, to run back to my apartment and relieve myself of all of this pain and anger, I seemed to have managed to cause myself. But I shouldn't be.

I couldn't be weak. I should move on.

She didn't seem to give a fuck about me or my love for her. So I had to be decent enough to give her what she wanted. Reciprocating the favor.

I shouldn't be bothered about her when I was in the end of her priorities and concerns.

Shifting my thoughts aside, I took my schedule from the office and walked to my first class of the day.

When I walk into my Art class, it was, surprisingly not empty. I shrugged the fact and walked over to my seat, a bit in the back to avoid commotion.

I'm not going to act like a loner when I'm not one. Just as I sit down, Ryan pulls out a chair next to me and sits down.

Ryan was Tina's best friend. Of course.

He would want to talk to me about it.

"Hey man, how are you holding up?" He asked, taking out a few pencils as he set up the canvas.

I just nodded as my Art professor entered out class. A few minutes passed as the lecturer told us about our syllabus of the year, our assignments and tests.

I snapped to attention only when Ryan spoke again, "I'm sorry for her."

I smiled but it was humorless to state. "Sorry? Do you even know what she fucking did, Ryan?"

"Rodney. I know the story. She told me yesterday. And I'm not talking to her. That's why I said that I'm sorry. Not for you. For her." He replied, as he started sketching.

I stopped and clenched the pencil in my hand. "A great lot of good that does to me." I retort, rolling my eyes.

Ryan was an okay guy. We didn't hit off well in the beginning but then we just began to have an understanding for each other. We both wanted the same thing. Her to be happy.

Ryan had been quite judgemental when he first saw me around Tina. He assumed that I was probably dangerous. But he had been right. Not only when he told her to be careful around me.

He was right when he told me to stay away from her. I just couldn't get it through my head at that time.

He had his issues of me being into drugs but once I had started to not take them, Ryan trusted me. He believed that I could change for her. I loved Tina. And he began accepting me as a good friend.

"I'm sorry, Toni. I didn't expect that from her either. I'm not talking to her anymore. She's not the girl I knew." He replied.

I didn't speak after that. And neither did he.

After Art got over, I headed over to the other classes I had.

And just my luck.

My next class was Literature.