Chapter 13

I walked into the small space that was jam packed with people. Booze and the familiar smell of cigarettes wasn't uncommon right now and right here, considering the place where I was at.

As I entered the room, a girl rushed out, her hand clamped in front of her mouth, running to puke in hopefully a basin and not on someone.

Good times.

Sighing, I walked over to the table as I grabbed a glass of water and downed it within seconds. If I was going to be here awhile, I might as well keep myself hydrated.

Just as I walked around, well to be precise, managed to maneuver the crowd a bit to move, I noticed that Rodney was here.

Just fucking great.

Abso-fucking-lutely great.

I turned away, immediately. If that asshole saw me here, he was purposefully going to do something that was going to piss me off. And me, being myself, I would end up pounding his skull through the brick wall.

And then everyone would gush about how fucking Rodney got hurt when he did nothing to hurt me.

Wait.

If fucking Rodney was here, then there was a good chance that Palestina would be here too. And if she was here, she would be sure to be around the douche. And if she was with him, I would have to be presented with the image of the octopus eating a mouth again.

Not happening.

My motive to come here was entirely different. I wanted to meet that girl from yesterday, see if she was okay, maybe get her to talk a little bit and get out. That was it.

Not Palestina.

She was a bit weird and that spiked my interest. Even though I shouldn't be intrigued.

But then again, I was a hopeless person. So I'll take everything I got.

I swallowed back the disgusting bile as I reached for a plastic cup of a drink.

Maybe just one might be great.

Vodka.

I reached over the table as I found a bottle of value.

It will have to do right now.

Five minutes later, I was walking out of the party, my body coursing warmth from a few more shots but I could still walk straight. I was still sober.

The corridor swerved its path as I walked.

Fucking woah.

Not very great for sight, but enough to get me through without having to catch myself with each step I took.

Just as I thought, I prevented myself from face planting my features to the ground.

Okay. Maybe not so much.

The buzz from the vodka was relieving, considering the things happening in my life right now. The break up, the cheating, the drugs, the new girl.

Fuck, life was okay until a month ago.

I made my way to the next floor where I knew the girl's room was. Now, which one it exactly was, I couldn't seem to recollect.

I just hoped that I wouldn't throw up in front of her when she saw me.

Well, knocking on every calm door would just be annoying and a thing that a fucktard might do. And to cross my fingers and hope for the best was just preposterous.

As far as I could remember, her room was something like 342?

Yep.

I grinned, in spite of the things in my life, and knocked on the door. Well, hit it with the side of my fist would probably be more appropriate.

There was the sound of light being turned on and I could see a pair of feet padding across the room as it blocked the light form the room, peeking through the door underneath.

"And who are you supposed to be?"

Fuck. That was annoying.

I groaned and shielded my eyes against the light of her room as I walked in. Who wanted to switch on a bright yellow light in the pitch dark hallway at night?

"Where is she?" I slurred and wrinkled my own nose in disgust at the sound of my voice.

Gravelly and thick. Yuck. Drunk voice wasn't so great to hear.

I would love to have some mouthwash just about now.

"Who the heck are you? And what are you doing here?" The same voice asked and I turned to see the face.

Seriously. What the heck? No swearing? Still in fucking high school.

Blonde hair, mickey mouse pajamas. Boring.

Typical freshman.

"You should have though that through before you let me in, you know." I muttered as I looked at the bed.

"How are you even here? Get out!" She began raising her voice.

"You let me in, if I am correct in remembering." I said, rolling my eyes.

"You know what? I don't care about who you are but I need to know where your friend is. That girl. I dropped her off here. Yesterday?" I asked myself before turning around.

She was blabbering something about intruders in the night with her high pitched annoying ass voice as I squinted to make my sight clearer.

There was a small mound of blankets to the far side of the dorm.

"Is that her?" I whispered and began walking over.

This girl ran in front and stopped me. "What are you doing?"

"I'm just going to...." I trailed off.

I had just enough strength to push her out of the way to collapse at the foot of her bed and my head slumped against the mattress as the stupor and liquor took over my balance.

Even in sleep, she looked enchanting. Like the bright crescent moon in a dark night, leading my journey to the light.

Where did that come from?

Was that the liquor thinking? I think it was the liquor thinking. Fuck I had to stop getting drunk or euphoric for that matter.

But I won't. Because I'm an asshole to myself.

"Sleep." I mumbled, barely in my senses before I closed my eyes.

I felt someone trying to push me for a while but soon I couldn't feel a thing.

Darkness took over and I slipped into oblivion.