Chapter 7

I parked my car in my space in the parking lot and got out. It was just going to be the same as last week. Class after class, lecture after lecture, work after work.

Sighing I slung my bag across my shoulder and locked my car when I heard a noise.

Someone decided that it would be great in the morning to set their car off and the stupid fucking automobile started screeching. The girl who was inside the car, got out without a word and began walking away.

What the fuck?!

People were gathering around and glaring at the girl and I was part of the crowd too. It looked like the girl didn't fucking care that her car was making a racquet, early in the morning.

I decided that she would have to shut her car up or it would become an uncomfortable situation. I began walking over to her.

I stepped in front and she looked at me in confusion, raising an eyebrow.

My eyes narrowed and I spoke out, "You haven't locked your car properly."

She shook her head as if she didn't understand.

How didn't she understand? I just told her in the most simple way that her car had set off a fucking alarm.

Pointing to her car, I spoke louder, "Your car is blaring the alarm."

She looked over my shoulder and that was when I noticed that she was quite short. Barely came up to my chin.

Once she saw the car's lights flashing continuously, she nodded and ran to her car as she tried to lock it. She looked on apologetically as she locked the car and the lights switched off.

She didn't say anything as people glared at her as they passed by. She checked if the headlights weren't turning on and off as she walked over to the front of her car.

I rolled my eyes at her drama and began walking to my first class.

I was almost into the building when a hand held my shoulder. I was ready to flip out on whoever the person was, or to be more specific, Rodney or Palestina, and maybe even Ryan when I was met with a surprise.

To my astonishment, it was the new girl, with a wide smile.

This made me feel more pissed off at this girl, whose name too, I hadn't been acquainted with yet, got on my nerves. She had done nothing to offend me just yet but there was something about the girl that set me off.

I was waiting for her to talk bit all she did was smile at me and bow a bit as she touched the tip of her chin with the pads of her fingers and removed it after a second.

With that, she walked off.

What the fuck?

My eyes trailed behind her figure until she disappeared, as she turned around the corner. I let my vision linger at the spot before I shook my head and walked over to my Art class.

The girl who I had met seconds before, lingered in my head.

I hadn't paid much attention to the task that I had been assigned to. Damn the new girl, because I was still thinking about her actions earlier in the corridor. What the hell did she do?

By the time class ended, I hadn't sketched anything on the canvas in front of me. Groaning, I got up from my seat and cleared up my supplies from the space. I guess the frown I had on my face since the morning had become permanently etched that it seeped through me and got to my attitude.

I wanted out of this hellhole.

But my wishes to reach salvation from here weren't answered.

The entire day continued to be the same with occasional smirks directed at me from Rodney who seemed to assume that I was thinking about his fucking girlfriend.

Yeah right. Like I cared.

I sighed out loud and walked over to the last lesson on my schedule, Advanced Literature. I had taken this last year but I had managed to take it up again classifying it as an elective. Good decision on my part.

Now I wouldn't have to pay much attention to people drone on and in about different books and philosophies in various era of the world.

I had arrived at this conclusion as Palestina had wanted another class with me that I had agreed.

Now that she was gone, it still remained a good thought. I didn't have to care much about the shit they talked about.

Before Palestina, my life had been a drag. Parties after parties, fights after fights, running away from everything. From all I had.

But when she came in, it all went down. I fell hard and low when I met her. She was the smart girl, who wanted to make sure everyone knew her. And she made sure that she got on my mind a lot. Whether that was because I was either mad at her or because I admired her was a matter beyond comprehension.

I had been someone who just wanted to stick to my own work. Being a loner and a proclaimed freak was something I preferred, but then she made herself get projected. And the night when she called me when he father had kicked her out of her house, I knew I had to be there for her. I couldn't leave her as she cried on the street with no roof on her shoulders and no one to take of her when she had her lifelong relationship broken with the only person from whom she was allowed to expect something from.

I couldn't walk away from her.

But she did. Ultimately, it was her who walked from me.

All that happened to her, ended up happening to me too. The people who we loved, betrayed us in the end.

I sat down and let my thoughts wander as the class begun. But little did I know that I would be pulled down from my own universe to reality with a crashing jolt.