4) Ocean Blues

Finding a small remote corner of the beach, Jareth put himself ashore and hid between the large and jagged rocks and boulders, secluding himself from the mortal party-goers.

Between the jagged rocks, he was breathing heavily, gasping for air. Seaweed stuck to Jareth's horns like glue and fell over his face, and no matter how hard he tried to clear it the weeds would not come off. What annoyed him most was how the water had ruined his hair. Not that it was already bad to begin the day with, but now it was just awful.

Jareth's breathing slowed as he laid now in silence, looking toward the large ocean just before him. He heard voices not far, and very clear. One of them sounded so familiar, so soothing to his pointed ears.

"This is so boring, I wanna go back to the house..." A young boy whined.

"Toby you've done nothing but complain all weekend, lighten up!" A young woman's voice groaned. Her voice was one Jareth craved to hear again. Could it be...?

"But Sarah..." Jareth ignored the rest of the boy's complaints as his mind was completely set on Sarah- he'd found her, at long last. He was about to run up to her position, but then he realized that his current state would only terrify her, especially since the ocean is right there. Jareth has known of stories about odd creatures washing ashore, so he made up his mind to just wait.

Minutes turned to hours, and soon the day turned to night. Toby and Sarah had partied with friends from school, old and new, all while Jareth hid beneath them silently. If he could, he would attempt to follow Sarah home. But how was his issue. He'd overheard that she was staying in a house not far, but it obviously was not by the ocean.

But then the thought occurred to him- he could simply act as if he were dressed as a monster. Jareth knew of the 'costume parties' mortals held at times, maybe he could fit in.

After this, is when Jareth had to carefully figure out a way to speak with Sarah, and not scare the living hell out of her.