3) Escape

Jareth stayed huddled in a small hole in the stone wall, stranded and alone like a child. For the past hour- or however long it had been- he hid and broke down. Hot tears stained his scaly skin, his clawed hands marked the hard walls surrounding him.

He was scared, sad, and most of all; angry. As time passed, he eventually calmed down and sat still, breathing heavily.

As he sat, Jareth swore he heard voices. They echoed against the dozens and dozens of walls, speaking in words that made Jareth's ears perk,

"Where was it spotted?" On man whispered.

"Down this way, I'm sure of it."

"Was it big?"

"Bigger than the robot we sent in, that's for sure." Another man's voice shook. Jareth began to panic; the men will find him if he doesn't move somewhere else, there had to be at least four or five of them.

As silently as he could, Jareth quickly climbed out of his hole and swiftly moved down the tunnel on his sharp, bare feet. But as soon as he came to a corner, just down the small corridor were the men who searched for him. One of them heard the scuffling of Jareth's feet and turned, the bright flashlight blinding Jareth in the spot he stood in.

"There!!" A man shouted. Jareth shook himself out of his stunned state and darted down the tunnel, running increasingly faster once he heard the group of men trailing after him.

"Catch him!"

"He's too fast, dammit!"

"Screw off, you dull men!" Jareth shouted back at them, practically flying down the tunnel when he saw light at the end. Perhaps this was his way out! As he got closer and closer, the disgusting stench of the sewer faded and in came the smell of saltwater.

As Jareth reached the end of the tunnel he jumped through the exit, diving down. His face was met with cold water, and his whole being engulfed by the waves that swished one way. Jareth went down, attempting to hide from the men who chased him.

He just could barely see the group of men standing at the edge of the tunnel, scanning the water for the creature they saw.

Minutes passed and they were finally gone, and Jareth resurfaced to see where he was. Sand, rocks, and people in skimpy clothing lounging on plastic chairs and fabric being covered in sand.

There was nowhere for Jareth to hide.