58

"who're you texting, babe?" carson asked gently, an open math book resting on his lap. troye turned his phone screen off before tossing it to the foot of the bed. "just my friend," he muttered, picking up his english book again and pretending to read it.

troye felt carson staring at him, so he put his book back down. "yes?" he giggled, almost as if to say, "what do you want?"

but carson just shook his head, running his fingers through his brown hair before going back to reading his book. little did he know how self conscious he was making troye, just by staring at him every so often.

"babe?" carson finally sighed out, pushing the textbook off his lap, where it landed on troye's mattress with a soft thump.

"hmm?" troye hummed out, not looking up from the book.

"why didn't you tell me you had dyslexia?"

troye froze, his heart nearly stopping in his chest, but he didn't take his eyes off the page. he knew the guilt would show in his eyes if he looked at his boyfriend, he knew it.

"um," troye cleared his throat awkwardly, his stomach giving him that familiar painful twinge that he got whenever something started to stress him out.

"j-just never got around to telling you, i guess. who told you?" troye attempted sounding as casual as possible. what a fucking lie. he just didn't want carson to think he was stupid. he didn't want carson to not hold his hand in the school hallways, opting for mumbling "don't come anywhere close to me, my friends are watching," just as his past boyfriends did, being that they were ashamed to know him.

"my friend alex," carson scratched the back of his neck, making sure not to include the other extremely rude things alex had said about troye.

"oh. are you mad at me?"

carson's eyebrows shot up in shock. "no! of course not! i wouldn't be mad at you for something as little as that. i just wondered why you didn't tell me," he rambled, and troye's cheeks flushed. something as little as that. carson didn't consider troye stupid? he didn't think it was big enough to effect their relationship?

troye gave him a weak smile, but felt his lower lip wobble nonetheless.

carson noticed this, and he quickly moved over on troye's bed so he was sitting beside him.

"don't cry, angel. you have nothing to be upset about. it's perfectly okay," carson cooed, wrapping his arm protectively around the blue eyed boy's shoulders. troye sniffled slightly, nuzzling his face into carson's yellow sweater.

"thank you," he squeaked, rubbing his eyes with the heel of his palm. carson kissed him gently on the forehead. "you don't have to study anymore tonight if you don't want to."

and, of course he didn't, so nearly twenty minutes later, he was curled up in carson's arms, his head resting against the older boy's chest. he would've fallen asleep, but he couldn't, with his phone giving him little pings every five minutes to alert him that jacob had texted him.

-

thank you all for 1k followers i love you all so much !!!

seriously though you guys are great

pls leave a comment

bye!!