52

"troye, it's time to get up, dear."

jacob and troye were both awaken abruptly by the sound of troye's mother knocking on his bedroom door. troye lifted his head off jacob's chest, his eyes still half closed, a tired look on his face.

somehow, throughout the night, he managed to somehow end up laying on jacob's chest like a baby.

"what time is it?" he groaned, his voice abnormally deeper than usual as he rubbed his eye with the heel of his palm.

"how should i know?" jacob sighed out, his usual instinct to roll back over and go back to sleep already starting to kick in.

troye stayed silent for a few minutes after that, playing with the neckline of jacob's shirt as the older boy kept his weary eyes shut.

"what- um, what exactly happened last night?" troye cleared his throat awkwardly, and jacob, forgetting what exactly happened up until now, froze.

"not sure, to be quite honest with you," jacob chuckled awkwardly, sitting up as troye rolled off him. troye smirked at him, though, feeling that this was the appropriate time for him to add, "that was pretty fucking gay of you..."

jacob whipped his head around, glaring at troye momentarily. "you're ridiculous."

"oh? how so?" troye questioned jokingly, a amused look washing over his face as he propped himself up with his elbows. "you just are, okay?" jacob snapped, and troye's look of amusement slowly disappeared, due to the tone of jacob's voice. "what's got you in such a lovely mood today?" troye muttered, rubbing his hand down his face.

jacob had spent all this time lying to troye, why not tell him the truth for once?

"i'm just- i'm so confused over last night," jacob mumbled, and troye gave him a sympathetic look.

"it's okay, angel, i went through that stage before, too. it's okay if you like boys, it's okay if you like girls. it's okay if you like both, just be whatever you want to be and whatever makes you happiest."

"wow, since when was i best friends with a philosopher?" jacob chuckled in response to troye, who rolled his eyes.

"fuck you. also, you're going to have to sneak out the window so my parents don't see you." troye shot him a cheeky grin, but there was something in his eyes that just screamed i want you.

jacob pretended not to notice that as he stood up, swaying slightly on his feet, his entire body feeling exhausted from the night before.

"uh, guess this is goodbye?" troye smiled weakly as jacob crossed the room, pulling troye's dark curtains open and unlocking the window.

"yeah. um, see you in school?" jacob offered, scratching the back of his neck nervously. "see you in school. right," troye mumbled back, as if he expected there to be more than just that. jacob turned back around and hoisted the window open, the cold morning air hitting him like a sack of bricks.

"jake?"

"yeah?" the hazel eyed boy turned around quickly to face troye, who was now sitting on the bed, his legs tucked underneath himself, an innocent look on his face as he played with the material of his sheets.

"can i- can i return the favor sometime?" he practically whispered, and jacob's cheeks flushed before he muttered, "yeah. yeah, you can."

"thanks."

"bye, tro."

"bye bye, daddy."

jacob flipped a giggling troye off before clambering awkwardly out of the small window, waving as he saw troye get off the bed and lock the window behind him.