55

troye felt an arm slink around his shoulders, and he looked up to see carson. he smiled softly at him before resuming to put his books in his locker. "what? no kiss?" carson pretend-pouted, a small smile forming on his face nonetheless as troye let out a dramatic sigh. "i dunno, what makes you think you deserve one?" he teased, running his fingers up and down carson's back gently.

"um... because i'm your boyfriend?" carson tried, leaning down and placing a small kiss on his boyfriend's cheek. troye giggled and buried his burning red cheeks in the material of the older boy's jacket.

"so anyway, i came over here to walk you to your class," carson started, closing troye's locker for him. "and to tell you i'm playing in the football game next weekend, do you want to come?"

troye nodded enthusiastically. "of course i do!"

carson smiled. "good. hope i don't mess anything up, i'm going to try to impress you!"

troye opened his mouth to reply, but quickly shut it again when he noticed someone staring at him from across the hall.

jacob.

his eyes were red and bloodshot, and troye couldn't tell whether it was because he had been crying, or he was simply hungover. funny, how jacob usually bothers to put his outfits together, as if he was some fashionable model; but no, not today. today he was just wearing a gray hoodie and some torn jeans.

he didn't look happy.

"babe? what is it?"

troye was snapped back to reality when he realized carson had been talking to him.

"sorry, zoned out there for a second," troye giggled, but carson still looked at him with furrowed eyebrows. "you okay?"

troye nodded. "yeah, let's just go to class."

jacob watched as carson entwined his fingers with troye's, and he must've said something funny, because troye started laughing.

why had troye ignored his text messages from tonight and this morning? was he mad at him?

jacob felt his heart actually start to ache painfully as carson gave troye a kiss before the younger boy walked into his classroom. carson walked off after that, towards his group of friends.

why not go see what they're talking about? jacob thought, already starting to squeeze his way through the crowded hallway, and towards carson and his group.

"so, are you and troye officially dating yet?" one of carson's friends, who jacob recognized to be on the football team, asked. "yeah," carson replied, smiling proudly.

"dude, you do know he's dyslexic, right?" one of them added, and carson furrowed his eyebrows. "wait, what?"

"he's literally an airhead, how could you not know that?" someone else chuckled, and an angered look crossed carson's face.

"he's also my boyfriend, so if you talk about him one more time like that, alex, i swear to god i'll-"

"damn, no need to get so defensive! i just figured i'd tell you. you don't want to fuck up your reputation, do you...?"

carson froze for a moment before mumbling, "i'll just make sure he studies more, is all."

jacob, who was standing somewhat close to the group, nearly scoffed. did carson honestly think that studying would just magically make troye's dyslexia go away?

"hey! aren't you jacob?" carson suddenly called out, spotting jacob standing by someone's locker. jacob's head shot up quickly, and he nodded. carson gave him a suspicious look as if to say, what did you hear?

jacob hastily turned around and started walking in the other direction.

and fuck, does he hope these feelings for troye go away soon.

-

sorry if this is shitty im really tired and can't exactly bring myself to write anything any good