Part 38

Part 38

"Well?" Severon raised one perfect eyebrow in question, glaring at all three of us as we stood in the bathroom, the used pregnancy test hiding behind my back.

"Uh, we were making...plans. Yes! That's what we were doing, we were making plans," I replied.

"Really?" Severon asked in such a way that told me he did not believe a word I just said. But I was not worried, I would convince him. No matter what happened, I wouldn't let him know what we were actually doing in the bathroom. "You three are making plans in the bathroom. What happened to the rest of the rooms in this mansion?"

"Well you see, we wanted a change of scenery." I told him, hoping for some way to get rid of the pregnancy test without him finding out.

"And a bathroom is the only place you thought of to get that change, dragonfly?" Why was it so hard for him to believe me? I mean, my reasons were pretty convincing. At least to me they were.

"It is a nice change, right guys?" I looked at Severin and Adone for confirmation.

"Yes. Kelsey is right. The bathroom is a very good place to make plans," Severin said, putting an arm around me. "My sister is incredibly smart," he added; I beamed at the compliment. No one has ever called me smart before. And he said I was incredibly smart. He was the perfect brother—crazy and loving.

"I agree with Severin. This place is amazing," Adone agreed. It was nice to know that for once they were siding with me.

"Remove your arm from her shoulders before I break it," Severon growled at his twin. Severin immediately dropped his arm, causing me to scowl.

"Hey, no fair, I liked his arm around me!" I protested.

With a frustrated roar, Severon marched over to me and pulled me away from my brother and friend. The sudden movement had me dropping the pregnancy test, causing it to fall with a sharp clink. Severon wrapped a strong arm around my waist, holding me tight.

"What was the sound?" Severon whipped his head to where his twin and Adone were standing.

"What are you talking about?" Adone asked, stepping closer to Severin. Were they trying to hide the test? If so, I wanted to kiss both of them.

Severon gave both of them a suspicious look before turning his gaze on me. "Tell me what plans you were making," he demanded.

"Oh that, we were just making plans about going to see Renzo and his girlfriend. You want to come with us?" Thank the God who created lollipops that Severon's mind was distracted now.

"You want to visit his girl? You could've asked me I would've taken you," he replied.

"Yes but now we have made plans. And does Adone have a girlfriend?" I asked him.

"Yes, Adone has a girlfriend. He is keeping her locked up in a different place. Do you want to see her as well?" This information was new and I was angry that Adone didn't tell me himself. I thought we were friends now.

"Before you get angry, Kelsey. I just want you to know that I intended to tell you about her myself, but Severon here beat me to it," Adone said before I could voice out my fury.

I opened my mouth to tell him that he should've told me about her the moment he came to talk to me, but Severon turned my attention back to him. "Did you eat what I sent for you?"

"Uh I would've but I hate fish." I told him. I didn't hate fish, but the nausea was telling a whole other story. And I didn't want a repeat of that.