Part 25

Part 25

"Aw man!" I flipped the book of pranks shut. "That's not fair!"

"What? What happened?" Renzo asked, sitting across from me with his own book.

"This prank book is a joke! There are no pranks in here." I scowled at the yellow book.

"Then why does it say it's a book of pranks?" Renzo asked, scooting closer to me.

"I don't know. Maybe they changed the cover as a decoy, so no one would bother looking at it twice. I mean." I flipped through the book before shutting it. "This book tells us how to kill people. I don't want to kill Severon, I wanna prank him." I pouted. The thought of Severon dead did not make me feel good.

Renzo took the book from me and repeated my earlier actions by flipping through it, although he did a bit slowly, scanning the pages before flipping them, until he reached the end of the book.

"Well, what are you going to do now?" He enquired, placing the yellow book on the side.

I sighed. "I'm not sure. I think I'll just have to bring out the creative fox in me and come up with a prank myself. I really want to meet my sister, Renzo." I told him.

"I'll try to talk to Ron for you. And in the mean time you can think about your prank," Renzo said, putting his hand over mine.

I blinked in surprise. "You'll talk to Severon for me? You'll do that for me?" Renzo was so sweet, I wished Severon was as sweet, life would be so much easier.

"Of course. I'm your friend, and that's what friends do." He smiled at me.

"You are awesome. I am going to make you a friendship bracelet." I told him.

Renzo cringed for a second but composed himself fairly quickly. "I'm good without the bracelet. Your friendship is all I want," he replied.

"Are you for reals?" I questioned.

"Yeah why?" His brows furrowed, making him look adorable.

Just then Adone chose that moment to enter the library. He was wearing cargo pants with a tight shirt, and sauntered in like he owned the place. Another scowl contorted my face, only this time, it was because of Adone and not the yellow book.

"What are you doing?" He asked Renzo, completely ignoring me. Jerk!

"Why?" Renzo queried.

"I want to talk to you about something," Adone answered, still ignoring me. Bigger jerk!

"You can talk about it here," Renzo said.

"It's personal," Adone stated.

"Don't care. You can say whatever you want in front of Kelsey, she is my friend." Renzo didn't look as if he was going to budge. I, on the other hand, was falling in love...in a friendly, totally platonic way, that is, if love could be platonic.

Adone huffed, clearly annoyed. "It's about that girl you can't stop talking about," he said.

Now my attention was piqued. I really wanted to know about the girl Renzo met. He had not told me about her, so right now was a good chance as any to hear what Renzo had to say about her.

"What about her?" Renzo's brows were furrowed.

"Where is she?" Adone questioned.

"Why do you want to know?"

Man, couldn't these people just cut to the chase? I was dying to know who that girl was. I wish Adone would get the jelly fuck out of here so I could interrogate Renzo on my own. This back and forth cryptic dialogue was irritating me.