Part 20

Part 20

When my feet touched the floor for the first time in seven days, I felt like I had been reborn. The coolness of the marble underneath the soles of my feet was refreshing, and when I walked all the way to the bathroom, I felt like I had woken up from a week's worth of sleep. All my life, I had never appreciated my legs...until today.

"Good morning, me!" I said to my reflection as I grinned at her through the mirror of the bathroom. My reflection grinned back at me, with hair resembling a rat's nest and eyes puffy from so much rubbing.

Quickly brushing my teeth, I emerged from the bathroom, but what I saw had my smile turning into a frown. Severon stood in my room with a small smile on his face. His face brought back memories of what he did to me, and the fire of vengeance inside me glowed anew. Now that I had the use of my legs once again, it was now time for revenge. Severon attacked me with snakes, I just had to find something equally horrific to get back at him.

"Good morning, dragonfly," he greeted.

"The morning is never good when you are the first thing I see," I retorted, marching over to the cupboard for a change of clothes.

I should wear something colorful today.

"Oh but my morning is wonderful when I see you," Severon said while I rummaged in the closet for a colorful shirt.

"Really? Then how were you living before I came in your life?" I did not bother turning my head to look at him, I had way more important things to look for, like a colorful shirt.

"La mia vita era piena e grigio," he responded. (My life was dull and gray)

"Can you speak in English, unless you teach me your language, then I might allow you to blabber in your language," I stated.

"How are legs now?" Severon questioned, ignoring my statement.

"Fine. No thanks to you." I nearly growled.

"Do you know how to cook?" He enquired, once again not taking the bait.

I paused my search at his question. Why was he asking me if I knew how to cook? What was he planning next? Did it involve me standing in fromt of a stove? Was he planning to burn me?

Not if you burn him first. My subconscious told me.

Trying to keep a straight face, I answered, "Of course I know how to cook. Maril never knew how to cook, so I did the cooking for the both of us."

"So, you mind fulfilling a request of mine?" He queried.

"Sure. If it involves me killing you and burying you, then sure," I replied before going back to my search for a colorful shirt.

"Actually no. My request is a little more...civilised. I want you to cook lunch for me," he stated.

Hearing this, I turned to face him. "Is that a request or an order?" I asked.

"A request," Severon answered.

"And what if I don't do it?" Without knowing it, Severon had given me the perfect opportunity to extract my revenge; I was only asking this so as to appear normal.

Severon shrugged. "Well, there are other ways I can make you do it."

"You clearly need to read a dictionary, you sir, have no idea what the word request means," I snapped.

He chuckled. "Tell you what, you cook me lunch and in return I'll read a dictionary."

"Why are you being so...nice to me?" I asked suddenly.