Home is Where the Heart Is

Upon Lucy's first day of work as an official FBI agent, she was entirely giddy. She had dressed more formally for her newfangled position, and her appearance had shown grace. She would be picking up her badge and weapon today.

She remembered the first day she worked her internship, remembering her refusal to carry a weapon. Her experience with Russel Vix had changed that, and she knew she didn't want to be put in that position again. Granted the gun wouldn't have helped her situation much, as she had been in a hospital when it had happened, but she was certain she needed to be better protected.

Returning to the office was the most heart-lifting thing for the young doctor. She'd missed the familiar faces, the work, the team, everything. It had become so engrained in her over the course of the half-year she had been there. She worked quickly to restore her desk to its original familiarity. Once she had her photo frames in order, she smiled looking at the two. One was of her and her aunt and uncle about two Christmases after her mother's death. The other was from a month ago at her birthday party. Garcia had taken it upon herself to take pictures, and the moment she had captured made Lucy's heart melt. Spencer had been trying to teach her how to waltz, and they'd ended up dramatically failing. She'd been mid laugh, and Spencer just looked at her with the widest smile. The moment had been made greater when she remembered that was the night he told her he loved her. Lucy was brought from her happy place to her office again.

"I think your desk is missing something." Turning to face the woman speaking, Lucy smiled at the pencil box in Penelope's hands. "Just returning a few things." She smiled as the young doctor took the box, opening it and setting the pens, pencils and knickknacks to the desktop accordingly.

"Thank you for keeping them safe for me." Lucy laughed before her name rang through the bullpen.

"Andrews." Aaron spoke from his office doorway. Lucy got up quickly, making her way to the office. Once there, Hotch shut the door behind her as she looked at the badge and weapon on the desk in front of her "So obviously you passed your test, congrats are in order for that." He spoke causing her to giggle as she sat down.

"Thank you." Lucy smiled at him as he let her go, her picking up the badge and gun, holstering it behind her with ease. As she turned to open the door the male stopped her.

"When's your due date, Lucielle?" He spoke up, causing her to freeze.

"Excuse me?" She asked with surprise.

"I won't tell anyone, we just need to know, bureau policy." He looked at her with such sincerity that it scared her.

"If Morgan put you up to this-"

"Lucielle, were you unaware that you're preg-" Lucy's head was spinning, and she moved to leave the room, scrambling to her desk to find her blood work. She'd gotten an copy of it for her files, but hadn't bothered to look over it. Scanning the paper, she quickly found the one item that was informing her boss of items she didn't know of.

"Levels of hCG were detected, and this patient's doctor has been informed."

Leaning back in her seat, she flipped the paper over in case wandering eyes were behind her. She sat with her head in her hands, trying to figure out why she didn't figure it out. It hit her when Spencer came into the office carrying her usual cup of coffee, setting it beside her.

"Your no-cream double pump coffee has an added whipped cream and caramel drizzle this morning. I noted that it was the second week of the month and your menstrual cycle probably began last night." He noted, sitting down at his desk, pulling his bag from his shoulder. "Your order typically fluctuates depending upon that factor, so I assumed-"