Las Vegas, Nevada

Despite the week off the bureau had given him, Spencer returned to work two days after arriving home. Luckily enough, the team had been debating on taking another case, finally settling on one. Spencer hadn't told anyone he was returning to work, so when he showed up to the office there were many surprised faces. He simply sat at his desk with ease, looking through the paper work that he had asked Garcia to collect on the way back from Washington. Lucy looked to her teammate when he arrived, surprised that he'd chosen to come in.

"Spence, you've got another five days off." She spoke, causing him to look up at her. He turned his head slightly, looking her up and down. "Hello, Earth to doctor Reid, you're being spoken to." Lucy crossed her arms across her chest, Spencer standing up and pulling them apart, seemingly examining something. It was odd, considering Lucy hadn't had his hands on her in over two months now. At least not the way he did now. His broad hands held her waist firmly, turning her torso back and forth every few moments. "Spe-" she was cut off when his hand had creeped up to her lower abdomen. It was this that caused her to slap his hand away. "Would you like to explain what the hell you're doing?" She asked, irritated that her bubble had been broken so early in the day. It would've been fine had it been a form of affection, but that wasn't the doctor's intentions. Finally, he spoke.

"You're starting to show." He mumbled, looking her straight in the eye. Lucy hadn't understood his words until his hand fell back to the spot it had been swatted from earlier. "Your stomach has started to protrude." He explained. "It's incredibly slight, but if you're really looking you can see it." Spencer had the easiest smile on his face as Lucy came to an understanding. She honestly hadn't been paying attention to her body recently considering Reid had been gone for three weeks and she'd been worried sick.

"I-I hadn't noticed." She mumbled, hearing the doors of the bullpen opening, conversation coming from two familiar voices. Lucy's own hand had fallen on top of Spencer's both of them wanting to hold the moment a little longer before they would have to fall into the pattern of working again.

"You know, if we didn't know that you were pregnant, this entire scene would be incredibly questioning." Morgan spoke up, a gasp coming from the corner of the room. The sound of papers scattering came from the same area, and all eyes turned to the sound. There stood Garcia, eyes wide, mouth agape.

"You're pregnant?" She asked, the shock freezing her a little while. Lucy smiled softly, laughing in the slightest, being joined by Morgan and Prentiss.

"Yeah, Pen." She cooed, a smile widening on her face.

"A-And it's Reid's?" She asked, Morgan walking over to pick up the papers she had dropped.

"Well I'd hope, I mean... I did the math, and I'm quite certain we had sex that weekend so..." Spencer spoke up, looking at Lucy and then back at Penelope. The group chuckled as Garcia made a rapid dash to Lucy's side, quickly wrapping her arms around the young woman.

"Oh thank god that there's some goodness in this world." She whispered, pressing a quick kiss to Lucy's cheek. The brunette laughed, everyone settling into their desks again, Garcia smiling as she took the papers from Derek. "That child has a power couple for parents." The giddy woman soon disappeared out the door to JJ's office, making the rest of the group laugh.

Soon, the team was reunited in the conference room, a swift welcome back from Hotchner only for Garcia to begin introducing the case.

"Two days ago, a female body was found in a dumpster outside of Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas. Last night three women who were in Vegas for a bachelorette party were reported missing. One of their bodies was found this morning, also in the dumpster of the hotel." She explained.

A Quarter to Quanticoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें