chapter 6

Chapter 6

    The second period bell rang and everyone exited the room except for me i sat there waiting for the next group of kids to walk in. Mr.Reid walked up to my desk and stared at men for a minute before talking.

"did you not have an American accent this morning?" i silently cursed myself, but i had my answer ready.

" you were pretty frustrated you could have imagined me having an American accent, you can't go around insulting peoples accents." I shook my head in disappointment. He looked a bit surprised.

" I’m sorry, and i guess it was a trick of my mind. But either way i still expect you to come to your tutoring lesson after school, and please excuse me if i'm late. I have a few things to sort out."

I had to stop myself from rolling my eyes at him.

"of course, i wouldn't miss it, i need the extra help." He gave me a quick smile and headed back to whatever he was doing. I laid my head in my arms on the desk and breifly closed my eyes, not even a second later all the kids came rushing into class and took there seats. I kept my head at the same place not moving it since class did not start yet. I heard the door open one last time and the class fell silent.

I lifted my head up to see the one person i thought i'd never see again, the boy with the green streak. I almost jumped up and went over hugged him. His eyes scanned the crowd and finally landed on mine. I saw confusion flit onto his face as he took in my appearance. I gave him a meaningful look. He nodded his head once and then went to talk to Mr. Reid. Mr. Reid nodded his head and then walked up in front of the class.

"okay class we have another new student today, this is Asher Hawk. You can go sit beside Lara." He pointed at the empty seat next to me with a questioning look. He walked over and sat down and stared at me expectantly. I shook my head and said

“I’m going out at lunch, come with me and i’ll explain.”

He nodded his head and faced the front of the class. I tuned back into what Mr. Reid was talking about.

“ok class i’m going to give one of your biggest assignments, you have to do it with a partner, i will not be picking your parteners so pick wisely.” he turned around and went to hand out the work sheets. I turned in my seat and faced Asher.

“want to be my partner?” he smirked at me.

“fine but you'll have to start explaining the new look and-” i covered his mouth with my hand stopping him from continuing. I gave him the 'don't continue' look and removed my hand. Out of the corner of my eye i saw Mr. Reid staring at us.

“so Asher what brings you back, i thought i wouldn't see you until like forever.”

“well i'm not telling you anything until you tell me everything.” i groaned and mumbled something incoherent.

“and i have some secrets to tell you, and i know how much you like a good secret.”

It’s true. If there’s a secret i would do anything to find out, I’m just that curious.

“ok fine, now can we go get the assignment, unlike you i’m not the family prodigy.”  I got up and went to the front of the class with asher following closely behind me. I got a bunch of envious glares at my way but i pointedly ignored them. I went to the assignment folder and looked through them. All of them were boring, except one. I gave out an evil laugh and showed Asher the page. He gave out a devastated groan and looked at me with pleading eyes. Instead i walked up to Mr. Reids desk and rocked back and forth on my heels.

“oh Mr. Reid i think me and Asher have found our assignment.” I said in a sing song voice. I turned my head and looked at Asher as Mr. Reid looked over our assignment choice.