chapter 3

Chapter 3

I sat in Biology twiddling with my pencil when i heard the bell signalling the end of the school day and the beggining of my tutoring lessons. I got up and packed all my things. As I headed to my locker, I bumped into a pink fluffy ball that smelled way to much of perfume. I looked into who bumped into to see the one and only Sheila.

"Um like really watch where your going like don't you like know how to like walk like properly like it isn't that like hard." She said while chewing her gum with her mouth open. I never knew you could use the word "like" so many times in a sentence. I shook my head and just walked to my locker.

But being the typical Barbie she is she just did not get the message.

"are like seriously blind could you like not like hear me ?" I checked my watch and saw that i was going to be late if I don't get moving so I turned around and just said what was on my mind.

"God Sheila can you like stop like talking to me like it's not that hard like really." And with that, I turned around and headed to Mr. Holland's class.  

I walked into a silent class only to hear the sound of my stiletto heel on the cheap marble floors. I went over to the desk closest to the teacher's desk and then sat down. I took out my cell and started texting Ian.

Paige: yo I'm in class and waiting for teach to show up. 

Ian: ok play it cool for a while and do not flirt at all! He might kiss you so don't act like you're interested but don't act like your not interested got it? Text me when he's not watching I wanna know EVERYTHING that happens there.

Before I could text, him back Mr. Holland walked in.

"Thanks for showing up" I said to him with a cheeky grin. He looked at me apologetically

"Sorry I got caught up in the hallway with a student and i can't smell anything anymore. It's permanently stuffed with perfume." 

I rolled my eyes and guessed who it was. 

"Was it by any chance Sheila I think I can still smell her."

"Not at all." He said while nodding his head at the same time. I laughed a bit and then asked him

"So are you going to teach me anything cause i am not good at L.A at all." Before he could answer, I heard the door swing open and smelt a whiff of perfume. I groaned and massaged my temples feeling a migraine coming just from the smell of perfume. I laid my head down while Mr. Holland went and asked Sheila.

"Yes how can I help you?" I didn't here an answer so I looked up to see Sheila slowly tugging at Mr. Holland's tie. He looked at pleadingly, so I got up and yanked Sheila's hand off his tie. She looked at me with a furious face.

"How dare you like touch me with your like freaking peasant arms and like what the hell are you like doing here?" I rolled my eyes and face Mr. Holland.

"If your going to teach me anything I suggest you start now cause I am not staying to watch your pity high school love." He looked at me surprise evident in his eyes.

"Oh...NO! Haven it's nothing like that i'll be with you in a second I'll just send Sheila out." He led her away and i went and sat down at my desk. I pulled out my phone and quickly texted Ian about the little 'encounter'. As I slipped my phone back into my pocket, i heard Mr. Holland walk in heaving out a sigh as he plopped down into his chair

"I am very sorry Haven there is nothing going on between me and Sheila her parents are a friend of mine and she's got into her head that we were supposed be destined together." He looked like he honestly meant it so just to ruin the mood i said