Chapter 10

Chapter 10

I slowly cracked my eyelids open looking around me before spotting Mr. Max sitting against the door rummaging through a first aid kit. He looked frazzled and lost picking up bandages and various colored bottles. I gave an airy laugh and coughed as my lungs protested due to the lingering smoke in the room.

His head whipped up so fast I wondered if he got whiplash. 

"You're awake......."

"Seems like it. What are we doing in here?" I asked realizing we were in the storage closet.

"Well there was a fire and everyone ran out, i was going to follow, but saw you on the floor passed out cold. I went to grab you, but by the time i did the frmes collapsed at the door so i brought you in here and locked us in so most of the smoke wouldn't come in."

"So what so we do? Cause I don't favour being locked in a storage closet with a possible psychopath."

He looked at me like I was crazy "I'm not a psychopath........"

“And how do I know that? I've known you for a good what? 10 minutes? You could rape me and then burn my body."

"One trust me I'm not and two it wouldn't be rape if you liked it." He gave me a wink and then proceeded to rummage through the first aid kit.

I was about to get up when I felt a sharp pain on my forehead. I winced and rested my back against the floor.

"Yea you hit your pretty damn hard when you fell, I wouldn't be surprised if you had a concussion."

He seemed to have found what he was looking for and quickly came to my side. He slipped an arm behind my neck and one around the middle of my back and pulled me up to a sitting position. He stared intently at my forehead before taking a role of bandages and placing it beside me. He then took out what seemed to be something to clean wounds with.

"This might sting..' he trailed off.

At this point, I could feel his breath fanning my lips. I didn't realise he had cleaned my head until I felt the soft bandages being wrapped around it. Once he finished, his eyes flickered to mine and stared at me. To be honest it was somewhat unsettling; you read these books about girls getting embarrassed when this happens, but I'm kind of creeped. Is there something on my face? After a while, I couldn't take it anymore so I voiced my thoughts.

"ummmm is there something on my face?"

He seemed to snap out of it and diverted his gaze to the door.

"Oh that was your face? My bad i thought it was Halloween."

My eyes widened in shock and i glared at him.

"Hey! Being mean won't get you anywhere in life."

"I'm already somewhere in life sooooooooooo..."

I felt my face redden slightly and i turned away with no further insults. I could tell he was smirking by the silence and it made me mad.

"A look at you all mad with your nose all cutely scrunched."  He said cooing at me.

I let out a huff off exasperation.

"Puppies are cute! Kittens are cute! I am NOT cute. I'm sexy, ravishing and gorgeous."

He held his hands up in defeat and smirked at me. He looked as if he were going to say something, but was interrupted when I started coughing. After what seemed like hours, I stopped and learned my head back attempting to catch my breath. I tilted my head and caught a glimpse of Mr. Max's concerned face before I started coughing again. It died down and I panted softly.