Masks and Mark (chapter 5)

Jack's POV:
Felix, Marzia and I went to Burlington and decided to buy their outfits for Mark's party. "So Felix, would you like to clarify what kind of  party this is?" I asked wanting more information. "This is a Masquerade so it's gonna be pretty special." Felix said as he waltzed down the isles of Burlington until we reached the suits and formal dresses. "Go splurge on fancy dresses and go buy a suit." Felix said smiling. "Thanks Felix!" Martzia and I said in sync and ran off into the Isles like little giddy children. We returned to the dressing rooms and tried on our new outfits, and strutting our stuff as we walked around like a super model. We purchased our clothes and walked out of the store. "Don't we have to buy masks?" I asked. "Oh I almost forgot about that!" Felix said with a twinkle in his eyes. We drove to a party store and walked to the back to pickup a mask. I immediately walked over to a mask that had silver trim and a beautiful jade crystal in between the eye holes. "Ohhhhh!" I said my eyes lighting up staring into the jade crystal. "That one really suits you." Felix said looking at the mask smiling. "Can I get it? Pretty please?" I said pleadingly looking up at him with puppy - dog eyes. "How could I say no to that face?" Felix said chuckling. We rang our items up and drove to Felix's house. I flopped on his couch as Felix and Marzia cuddled on the couch turning on the TV, my eyelids fluttered as I slowly started to fall asleep.

Mark's POV:
My suit and mask were fresh and neat put on a small shelf in his walk in closet. I felt good about my clothes and myself but I still didn't have a date for my own party, but who would I take? I looked for something to do and then my stomach grumbled. I walked to the kitchen and started to make dinner. That's when I herd a key twist in the lock and a jolly face of my brother Tom walked in. "Hey Tom, how was work?" I asked a smiling giving him a hug. "It was good! What are you cooking? Smells good! Tom said smiling brightly. "Just some burgers! Do you want yours with cheese?" I asked happily. "Chica might want one, and I'll take mine with cheese, thanks!" Tom said, I loved my brother and his voice always soothed me. I finished making dinner and sat down with Tom to eat. Chica yipped, I scooped up the small puppy and fed her a piece of hamburger meat. I cleaned up our plates and walked up the stairs to my bedroom, took off my shirt and put on sweat pants, and layed myself down onto my bed and drifted off to sleep.