15: Wedding Day

15: Wedding Day

It had been a week since I arrived in England - I've seen my wedding dress it's very beautiful, it's a sleeveless dress with a massive white bow which ties at the back, from the waist it is rather wavy and jellyfish like. Kirimi has a quite a cute flower girl dress and little white shoes to go with it. I don't have a maid of honor but instead I have Kammie - she's going to be wearing a baby blue long dress which is a tight fit but looks beautiful on her. I heard all the men have a black suit with blue rose (sprayed) to go in their pockets.

 I still haven't seen my mum, dad said I'll be seeing her tonight at the rehearsal dinner. I didn't want to rehearse anything, it would make is seem like some dramatic film which I would hate to watch. 

Sitting in the back of the taxi the English man is talking to my dad in English which makes it hard to understand what they're talking about. Turning to Kammie she mouth to me: 'football'. I just nodded in return and looked out of the window. It's the night before the wedding and I'm meeting my mum again for the first time in years. I'm dreading it all.

"Thank you," Dad said to the man in English and paid the man in notes and coins. We get out of the taxi and head towards the building where people are standing outside. I notice Nekozawa straight away even though he isn't wearing his wig or dark clothing. He is wearing a causal white shirt and jeans. 

I know who everyone is apart from one woman who is in a black business suit, she is a slim woman with blonde hair like mine which is tied into a bun. She is on the phone but she shuts it and looks to me and stares at me in utter shock. I turn away realizing she is probably staring at my jagged scar.

"Erika," She said and walked up to me and I turned to face her and she smiled lightly "Hi, oh wow, you've grown up so much, if it weren't for... the scar..., I wouldn't of realized it was you, wow, how are you?"

I look at her in the amazement as she tried to talk to me. She's obviously no longer a alcoholic. 

"I'm fine I guess, I mean, the wedding was a big surprise and school has been..."

Tamaki.

"Great," I lie.

"That's great, I know I was kind of shocked that my own daughter was getting married at the age you are. But when I heard that it was arranged because the Nekozawa family was going slightly down on business I realized it was a sensible thing to do." 

"So, how have you been mother?" I ask trying not to sound to bitter when calling her mother.

"I've been great I guess, I took classes Erika, to calm me down on drinking and I haven't drunk for two years apart from a glass of buck fizz at Christmas, isn't that great? I have also met a guy, his name is Paul, a very sweet man, he couldn't come tonight but you'll be able to meet him tomorrow," 

"If you haven't drunk for two years why haven't you bothered to phone me or even write a letter to me? Gro-Growing up was extremely hard for me when it was just me and dad."

"I know, I should of been more involved in your life, but your dad found Kammie, she's nice isn't she?" Mum asks.

"I guess so."

"It's time to go in," Nekozawa says trying not to sound dark as he places a hand on my back.

"Okay," I whisper.

"Let's go and get this over and done with," Mum smiles.

We practised our speeches, luckily I didn't have to do one, Nekozawa does but he didn't want to read it out loud until the wedding, we soon finished everything and it was time to say goodbye to everyone especially Nekozawa. He gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek before leaving.