Chapter 27 - The How & The Why

Start from the beginning

"Don't I know that?" I question him exasperatedly without really expecting a response. It's Immanuel Jaarson we're talking about for god sakes. My sisters too good for his own good husband that's worse than the devil himself if you find yourself in his dark corner.

"We're together in this Sarita." Pete tells me. "I'll not leave you hanging. I love you too much to lose you."

"I know you won't." I say. "I just want my share and if that involves them dying, then I'm game."

"You know they've to die, right?"

"Yeah."

"Like I said before, if they-Jaarson to be specific comes out alive..." He shakes his head. "God bless us all."

"I know." I look at Pete. "I just want everything to go smoothly as in according to plan. I want Daisy to feel what I felt all these years. I cleaned after people's shit, washing their underwear's just to make an ends meet while she lived like a queen. God, it was hell and that's exactly what I'm gonna do to her daughter. Make her feel what I felt, how I had to beg people for mercy. I'll make sure everyone close their doors in her daughter's face after they're gone and for all that to work, I need this to work. Please tell me it'll work."

"It'll work." He tells me. "I promise."

"When my parents threw me out when they found I was pregnant, she could've done something to help me but instead she watched them treat me like I was shit its self. I was barely sixteen. I know how it feels to be hated, victimized and tossed aside. Raising a baby on barely nothing..."

"Sarita-"

"Everything will be worth it after today. Everything I went through will-"

"Hey," He reaches out and touch me on my chin. "It'll work and we'll finally be gone from them both. They'll be history and we'll herald the rise of a new queen." He smiles seductively.

"Oh, what a day it shall be." I laugh.

"Don't worry, it'll be sooner than you think." He says. "We've the blessing of all the members. We've five powerful people behind our backs. You have."

"They don't know I'm involved."

"They'll. Soon." He grins. "You'll rule the world Sarita."

"Until then, you know that if Immanuel is gone, you'll be the one taking over."

"I'm ready for it." He says. "The Hoards need new leadership that believe in Phosphate mining. I can't believe he's against the whole phosphate mining idea. Just imagine the returns we can get from all that?"

"Pete." I start. "You know, I don't care about all that phosphate mining crap. The only thing I want is to break Daisy's little world apart in shreds. I want her at my mercy. That's all I care about. About the mining and stuff, those are the worries of the Hoards. Not mine."

"Oh, sweetheart, they're part of your worries too. There's a reason we call ourselves the hoards. To be invisible and you already know of our existence. Are you sure you want their wrath at your beck and call?"

"Obviously not." I object.

"Then it's settled." He states. "What are you planning on doing with Valeria if this works?"

"Like I said before, bring her to her knees just like how her mom made me. The girl is gullible and we have something in common already. Her hatred for her parents meaning I can easily sway her in my way and when all is done and dusted, cut her to the curb."

"Now you're talking." He smiles. "The Stewe's are also in on the whole thing."

"Yeah." I run a hand through my hand. "I'm surprised considering the close relationship they'd with the Jaarson's. Are you sure we can trust them?"

"They proved their allegiance when they voted in favor of removing Jaarson from his post. That's evident enough." He says. I keep quiet getting lost in my head. I can feel Pete's eyes silently regarding me.

"What?" I ask him after a while.

"What's on your mind?"

"I'm worried about Bayron." I say quietly.

"What about him?" He questions.

"I told you how he's." I look at Pete. "I'm afraid he'll do something stupid to mess my plans up."

"He's your son Sarita. Find a way to keep him in line until everything is done. We can't have the whole plan collapsing because of-"

"Yeah, yeah. I know. I will."

"You better." He cocks an eyebrow. "We already have Valeria we need to deal with. We don't want to add your son as well to the list, do we?"

"No, we don't." I say firmly. "How're you guys planning on acquiring the Jaarson fortune with his businesses?"

"We already have a plan cooking." Pete answers. "We still don't know if it will work but we're hopeful. Hostile takeover of Jaarson Enterprise is one of them but knowing Immanuel, even in his absence it'll not be easy. So that's why we'd to come up with alternative methods."

"So that means there's a way?"

"Love, there's always a way." He chuckles.

"I want that girl with nothing and no one, purely at my mercy. I want her to cry herself to sleep, with pain so much she'll want to die."

"So does that mean you found a way around what you were planning?"

"Oh, I did." I tell him. "It was also easier than I thought possible."

"Daisy trusts you that much?" He asks.

"She feels guilty for the way our parents treated me." I laugh sickly. "She didn't even read a single word. Just signed the papers. So we're doing this really?" I ask.

He takes a sharp intake of breathe. "We so are. The Hoards are counting on us to succeed. Otherwise, if we fail, we'll not only have the Jaarson's to deal with. Hoards are a group of ruthless individuals that don't take failure lightly. They'll destroy us Sarita."

"Then it means failing is not an option."

"You damn right." He laughs nervously.

"Its seven." I tell him after a while.

"You know what that means?" he questions me. "Every minute counts Sarita. Call Valeria. Its show time."

TO BE CONTINUED...

✴️✴️✴️