Chapter 3: Carress

Aerri: eotteokke? Sunggyu oppa is sick, and mom and dad aren't home... eotteokkejo?! EOTTEOKKE?!?!?!

Aerri was so worried, she can't avoid her crumpled face out of herself.

Aerri: Oppa, I really don't know how to take care of sick people. T_T Eotteoke?

finally, after the long way from school, they arrived home safely. Aerri tried to wake sunggyu up so the both of them can get out of the car.

Aerri: Oppa, we're here.

Sunggyu: . . . . .

Aerri: Oppa, you have to change your clothes, I think you're sick because of the rain, you're still wet.

Sunggyu: ah, mianhae. I didn't notice I fall asleep. Maybe I'll feel better later. I'll just take a nap.

Aerri: it's okay.. let's go. maybe you really just have to take a rest.

*at home:

Sunggyu and Aerri went up to their respective room to change clothes. She is still worried about her oppa that's why right after she changed her clothes, aerri went in front of sunggyu's room. she knocked:

Aerri: *Knocking* oppa, are you alright?

She is waiting for an answer but she received no response.

Aerri: oppa? *knocking* would you mind if I enter your room?

............

............

Aerri: Oppa  i'll open it now.

*She opened *

and she saw him sleeping on his bed so Aerri decided to just close the door and not to continue entering the room. But just before she close the door, Aerri noticed something. She looked at him again and saw that he didn't change his clothes, still wearing his wet school uniform. Aerri pouted because she thought of her oppa as a stubborn, but for real, she is just worried. She walked towards him so that she could wake him up to change clothes, but as she came closer to him, she realized that he was . . . . shivering.

Aerri: T________T aahh.. eotteoke? > < oppa, i don't know what to do.. wake up. change your clothes, palli X'(

but it seems that he couldn't hear Aerri. She laid her hands on him and she was shocked. his temperature got higher and higher. besides his wet uniform, he was also sweating.

Aerri: I have to do something. this won't do. I can't let you feel worst. I have to change his clothes but how? Aiiyyoooo!!!!!

She went to his wardrobe and tried to open it, but it's locked.

Aerri: oppa, wae? waeyo?? you're driving me crazy! how could i change your clothes if your wardrobe is locked?? waeee?? :|

she ran to her room to get her own t-shirt. fortunately, she has a t-shirt that is unisex (can be worn by either male or female). then she ran back to his room. She went to his side, not thinking of anything except her oppa's poor condition. She let him lay unto her arms so that she could change sunggyu's clothes. . . .

After some time, she is done. 

Aerri: Maybe I should go out to buy some medicine for him, shouldn't i?

Aerri looked out of the window but she found out that the rain became stronger. She decided not to go and just went to the kitchen area to check whether her family still has an available medicine. aerri saw bunch of medicines but she doesn't know what medicine should be used for her oppa's case. with this situation, she tried to contact Hoya through phone call to ask for his advice.

Aerri: Hoya-ssi, it's me, Aerri.

Hoya: Oh, Aerri-ssi. why did you call so sudden?

Aerri: uhm, can I ask you something? do you have any idea what medicine does a person need if he has high fever?

hoya: waeyo? are you sick?

Aerri: No. I'm not. it's my oppa.

hoya: oh, is that so?

*then he gave Aerri some sort of advice on what medicine is needed.*

Aerri: ahh.. kamsahamnida. you are really great. komapsumnida

-call ended-

Aerri went back to the kitchen and found the medicine needed, picked it up and get a glass of water, then went back to her oppa's room. She sat on his bedside. She put her arms under his back so she could help him sit.

Aerri: oppa, drink this first. please listen to me just this once. wake up for a moment.

so aerri picked up the medicine, put it in his mouth, got the water and helped him drink.

Aerri: aigoo. finally. that's a relief.

Aerri had an idea to put warm wet towel on his forehead for his quick recovery. So she went down again to the kitchen to get what she need, went up again to his room ( yes, it's tiring) and took care of him passionately.

as Aerri soak and squeeze the towel, a sudden strong lightning strike. Aerri's heart almost jump out of her. to her surprise, she almost cried but she controlled herself.

Aerri: aish! I'm really scared.. omma, appa, when are you going home? :'/

then once again, a strong loud lightning strike. She uttered a sharp shrill cry (screamed with a sharp thin voice) and tears went down her cheeks. the lights turned off, there was a power outage (brownout) because of that lightning. And because of this, she really cried hard.

Aerri: Omo :((((( I left my phone downstairs, i can't see anything.

thunders and lightnings keep striking, Aerri was so scared. there comes the point that a lightning stroke close to the area of where their house is. again, it gave Aerri's heart a reason to jump again. she screamed again.

Aerri: (while crying) yaah! this can't be! i really don't like it when it's raining!!

Aerri doesn't care anymore. She just went up and laid her back to her oppa's bed where he is also sleeping, and shared the thick blanket with him.

Aerri: oppa, this doesn't matter, right? it's just that i'm really scared. i do this because i coudn't take it anymore. i'm so scared. Mianhae.

--

Korean Vocabularies: (rough trans)

Eotteokke(jo)? = What/how do I do?

Mianhae = I'm sorry

Palli = Faster

wae(yo) = Why?

Kamsahamnida = Thank you

Komapsumnida = Thank you

aigoo = (just to express emotion but commonly to say "Oh my")

omma (eommeonni) = mother

appa (eobeoji) = father

oppa = brother (used by female to male)

Mianhae = I'm sorry